Fantasy Football 2014

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
Let's see if anybody would enjoy discussing players and team's for the upcoming season.

One league I am a part of is a keeper league. This is our 12th year. I actually had the first pick this year and subsequently the first pick in every round. There are no impact players left to a large degree that someone might have released to get under the salary cap. With that in mind, I used my first pick on Sammy Watkins and then in the second round, Teddy Bridgewater. I think Watkins, if Manuel improves, is pretty much a sure thing. The two QB's I had were Schaub and Flacco. I am wondering if I took Teddy to early. Thoughts?

11 year for me in our league. Nice thing is that most of the owners have stayed the same, fun to see not only how fantasy players change but also the owners, marriage, kids and such

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm in a bunch of different leagues of different formats. This year I'm trying our a Dynasty league for the first time. My favorite league is the auction league I fly to Houston for. I'm heading out next Friday for this years.

My Houston league is different from any other league I've seen. We have a $100 auction for our first 10 players then we do a serpentine draft for the remaining 6. There are two different full 12 team drafts. This gives us two full conferences with four total division, six teams in each division. Each week we go head to head with two teams. We play everyone in our division a certain amount of times and we play a few teams from the other conference as well. This makes it very interesting because occasionally you might play a team with the same players.

My favorite types of leagues are auction leagues. So much better than just being stuck with the draft pick you have.

I finished with a dynasty league today by dropping Dobson who is with New England and picking up John Brown, AZ Cardinals. I think that was a good move.

I finished with a dynasty league today by dropping Dobson who is with New England and picking up John Brown, AZ Cardinals. I think that was a good move.

Not a bad move really. I'm not sold on Dobson yet and I think he's been hurt too. I read a few articles saying Brown was turning heads.

What do all of you use to get your inside news on fantasy football? I use twitter for a lot, also go to forums like Rotoworld and I have the Football Guys Magazine app.

I used to be in a keeper league. It was interesting for sure.

I joined a Dynasty league for the first time this year and it's going to be interesting. Having a that many players on a team and trying to think about players for the future is interesting.

How many of you do auction drafts? If you do I use a pretty awesome spreadsheet for determining auction values.

Tough decision for this week's line-up. I have Lacy and Cobb starting but I am wavering because of Seattle's defense. Of course, it would be a pretty big drop in potential points if I don't start them, so my question is this. Do you always start your best players, even if they are playing a great defensive team?

Tough decision for this week's line-up. I have Lacy and Cobb starting but I am wavering because of Seattle's defense. Of course, it would be a pretty big drop in potential points if I don't start them, so my question is this. Do you always start your best players, even if they are playing a great defensive team?

Depends on who you have on your bench. If you have a decent bench player I would consider playing him, especially if he has a favorable match up. I don't think I would start any players going up against Seattle unless I didn't have a good enough bench player. Just look at how QBs scored against Seattle in fantasy football last year, all the great ones failed.

I had a waiver claim on Cousins due to RG3 going down since he is on my team, but I didn't get him.

I had a waiver claim on Cousins due to RG3 going down since he is on my team, but I didn't get him.

I hate the waiver process but it does make it more fair to everyone. I check all of my leagues every day so I usually have a greater advantage at picking up players than the average person. I tried to pick up a few players this week but missed out on most of them.

I picked up Davis for KC. Not sure of the severity of Charles injury but maybe I can get a week or two of good points from Davis.