Browse the recorded progam list

jeff924

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Browse the recorded program list

I have been using 522 for couple of days. Compare to Direct Tivo I used before, one feature I really missed here is displaying the date of the program in the recorded program list. You have to select a record program and click it to see the date. It's very hard to pick up a progam to watch without the date been seen in the list. Also the list is too short on each page (the window is too small) compare to Direct Tivo. Don't know if they will ever add those.

You don't have to click it to see the date it was recorded. Just highlight it and it shows at the top of the screen. Plus, they are in chronological order so it's not that difficult.

I just switched as well and there are a couple of major differences between the two systems. But I'm able to do everything with the Dish system that I did with the Dtv system. I'm happy with it.

Yeah you are right. but I still have to highlight it. What I want is to list the date of each program as part of the list at right side of the list like the Direct Tivo does. so I can quick jump to the program I want to watch instead of moving to each of program with the same name to check the date and make the selection. If you have a large list for couple of days, it 's kind of pain.

You can use the Page Down/Up button to quickly scroll through a long list. No way to list the dates beside the program.

Since datebase already has the dates info,it should not be a problem for the software to list the dates in the list, just add one more column for the dates. I just try to compare the recorded program list between Directv Tivo and 522. which interface is more easy to use. They both have two columns. Directv Tivo has the name and date columns. 522 has the name and duration columns. For me, I find the date info is more useful than duration. I don't mind 522 list the name, duration, plus date.

Just for reference, the 921 shows the dates and not the duration.

Yeah, different software teams, but there's absolutely not reason for the inconsistency except lack of proper management by E*.

jeff924 said:
Since datebase already has the dates info,it should not be a problem for the software to list the dates in the list, just add one more column for the dates.

I didn't say it wasn't technically feasible. There is nothing YOU can do to list them. Just requires a DISH update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)