Recorded Shows skipping to the end

travisvn1

Original poster
Aug 16, 2023
California
I tried searching but I couldn't locate a post with a similar issue. When we try to playback some shows (usually on ABC but have seen it on others) the recording will go directly to the last 3 to 5 minutes of the show. It shows an hour was recorded but there it will not let us rewind, start from the beginning or watch the majority of the show. We had this happen a few years ago as well when the Hopper 3 1st came out. We moved off of Dish for a while and came back hoping it would not be an issue any longer. For reference, we have a Single Hopper 3, 2- Joey 4K , 1- Joey. This happens both with and without Auto-hop. Is this common? Is there a fix for it?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I tried searching but I couldn't locate a post with a similar issue. When we try to playback some shows (usually on ABC but have seen it on others) the recording will go directly to the last 3 to 5 minutes of the show. It shows an hour was recorded but there it will not let us rewind, start from the beginning or watch the majority of the show. We had this happen a few years ago as well when the Hopper 3 1st came out. We moved off of Dish for a while and came back hoping it would not be an issue any longer. For reference, we have a Single Hopper 3, 2- Joey 4K , 1- Joey. This happens both with and without Auto-hop. Is this common? Is there a fix for it?
I have seen this issue several times.

This has been happening more frequently. Last evening I watched a FX-recorded program and it jumped to the end when I FFed it and, like you, would not rewind. I went to a live program and went to another live program, then back to the DVR and selected "Watch" It works but it is very frustrating, this was on one of our 4KJs, and it does it on the H3 as well. I don't use prime time so there must be another software issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell