Bryant Gumbel is out at NFL Network

Excellent. Glad to see that smug a-hole booted. Wouldn't mind if they replaced Collingsworth too.

I mainly noticed it in the Packer/Cowbay game, but he messed up the two teams at least 10 times. He had no idea who's coach was for what team. Totally made a fool of himself. I am sure it was in all the games though.

By far the worst one to do announcing for a game. Even worse than Dennis Miller.

Good that Gumbel is gone, too bad it sounds like Collinsworth is staying. I was really hoping that the new team would be the trio of Bob Papa, Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock. This team did the Insight Bowl last year and they were outstanding. Papa is a solid PxP guy and Sharpe and Mayock were really great at breaking down the game from a technical perspective. The interplay between Sharpe and Mayock was great because of Sharpe's perspective as a WR and Mayock's perspective as a DB. Further, unlike Collinsworth, neither Sharpe nor Mayock too themselves too seriously.

I thought the best game was when Bryant was hoarse and Deion had to take over. I thought Deion did a pretty good job.

I'd like to see Spero Dedes get a shot at this gig. He has called a few preseason games for NFLN and I was quite impressed.

Spero has Lakers duty for most of the 2nd half of the NFL season or when NFL Network has games.

Awsome, He just didnt fit the bill at all.

I mainly noticed it in the Packer/Cowbay game, but he messed up the two teams at least 10 times. He had no idea who's coach was for what team. Totally made a fool of himself. I am sure it was in all the games though.

By far the worst one to do announcing for a game. Even worse than Dennis Miller.

He'll probably end up with CBS or FOX :eek:

Jimbo

I don't know why they hired him in the 1st place. He always seemed aloof.

BTW, I'm the one known as "HelenaKyle" at the DBS Forums. Some of you may know me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)