BSC321 C/Ku LNBF on a prime focus dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lazyfarmer

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I want to hook up a BSC321 C/KU on my 10 ft prime focus dish and bypass its internal diseqc switch, separate C and Ku coax into
house to VBox7 and DiSEqC 4x1 switch and Openbox S9 receiver. Does the VBox7 need a coax in from lnbf and out to
operate properly? OR can I just power up the actuator with VBox7 and run c/ku coax's direct from lnbf to DiSEqC switch to Openbox?
Can anybody out there give me some advice on this?

Sure, you'll just have to operate the V-Box with the switches on it or its own remote.
LNBF's to diseqc switch, diseqc switch to receiver.
V-Box - actuator wires only.
That's how I programmed my G-box, before running the LNB coax thru it.

Thanks FaT Air for the good advice. At least it was good up to the part ( before running the lnb coax thru it). Are you running C or C/Ku? What is the reason you ran coax thru the GBox?

I've got C and Ku. receiver to G-Box to Diseqc sw to select C band or any one of 4 Ku dishes, 22khz sw after diseqc lnb 1 to select C or Ku on the movable movable combination. The G-Box is inline so the FTA receiver can tell the G-Box what satellite to go to via diseqc commands. (Eliminates 1 remote. Still have too many on the table)

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 2010FirstSnow.jpg
    2010FirstSnow.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 207
I like your piggyback dish setup. What size is that offset you bolted to your big dish? It tracks good across the arc? I like your use of the 22KHz switch. I am in NE Alberta Canada and am getting PBS on 125 AMC 21 75Q on a 42 x 39" Winegard. I am thinking of trying your invention out with an old 32 x 30 offset that I can get 70Q with on AMC 21. Do you figure the piggyback is not too much extra weight on the old C-Band dish.

What is a good 22KHz switch to use to pass Diseqc commands V and H to Cband and Ku band LNBF in this situation? Does it have to be an Ecoda brand or are there others?

lazyfarmer said:
What is a good 22KHz switch to use to pass Diseqc commands V and H to Cband and Ku band LNBF in this situation? Does it have to be an Ecoda brand or are there others?

Ecoda switches combine reliability and great pricing. Check out the switch deals on the EBay link in our signature. You won't find a better deal on Ecoda switches.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts