BSC621 modification

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Another update:

Traded in the LNB today. Jamal wasn't there, but a nice lady there made the switch after I explained everything. I went to Lowe yesterday and picked up a 3/4 in x 3ft aluminum rod (square) and some bolts. That size (3/4) is perfect for the C120 mount. Going to do moding this weekend and will be sure to provide some details (pics/install instructions/parts list) if everything works out.

Update:

IT WORKS!!!! Spend all day modifying the LNB mounting on the Fortec 120cm. I ended up taking a 3/4 thick, 3ft long aluminum square bar and some 1/4 bolts and moved the LNB holder back, while still maintaining same level. Was testing the KU out on G10 and got it locked around 66 quality on one of the equity muxes (11720 V) All the others were great too. In order to place the conical scaler ring on,I had to lower the side bar mounts for the dish (alot of drilling done today :) ). The scaler ring did bring my SQ down I notch (59-66 bounce) but needed for any cband. Ive been motoring this evening after running some new Rg6 quad into the house. I've even been able to hit the networks on G16 (only 40+ quality but mainly watchable).

I've still got some fine tuning to do, but it looks like the focal point for this lnb is off (i.e too close). The only thing that sucks is that I can't find my digital camera. I think the wife left it at work (hopefully). Once I can get my hands on one, I'll upload some pics and layout the details.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)