Buckle up! L2.50 to spool for 522 and 625 on June 29

chaddux said:
They changed the version number one day after calling it L2.50.
Early posts in this thread have people seeing L250. Just confirming there never were separate L250 and L251 versions, and that those who got L250 simply had their version renamed?

I checked last night and now have 2.51. Two nights ago I still had 3.29. I have not played with it enough to recognize any significant differences. I do like the delete after "X" number of episodes feature.

Pepper said:
I finally got L251 a couple of days ago, have not yet noticed a single pixelization or audio dropout. Maybe they finally fixed the biggest problem? I also notice that DVR events are remaining sorted now.

It is much better, but not 100% gone. I've has two half hour shows with two audio drops each. But mostly shows have been drop free, and have not seen any pixelation.

BobaBird said:
Early posts in this thread have people seeing L250. Just confirming there never were separate L250 and L251 versions, and that those who got L250 simply had their version renamed?

I believe that is correct. Apparently, it was spooled for one day as L250 and then re-released the following day as L251. My guess is that L250 had already been used for a previous release and DISH does not use the same version number twice.

So far this release is working really good. I watched a few recordings, and except for losing signal twice during the Sci-Fi Friday preview show at 6pm Central, I didn't have any other audio or video glitches.

Could It Be?

Don't know exactly when I got 2.51 because we were out of town on vacation the first couple weeks of July. I've only watched a few hours of recorded programs but I didn't have a single audio/video glitch. :cool: Could it be the new software?!?!? I sure hope this wasn't just a coincidence. :clap

chaddux said:
I believe that is correct. Apparently, it was spooled for one day as L250 and then re-released the following day as L251. My guess is that L250 had already been used for a previous release and DISH does not use the same version number twice.

Here is the official story: L2.50 and L2.51 were different but L2.51 just corrected one additional item from L2.50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)