SOLD!! BUD - Free to good home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA

Attachments

• DishUpInTheAir.jpg
    DishUpInTheAir.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 146
Pm ( conversation ) sent to ya chapelrun.
He has not signed on in a little over 24hrs, so maybe he will see this thread and PM when he signs in again.
Glad to see it going to a good home!

Reactions: Hockeynut
Thank you chapelrun.Looking forward to the short trip and meeting you.Looks to be a 5hr trip so not bad at all.Been close to that part of Virginia and is some very pretty country..

Merry Christmas Hockeynut! I hope you get many good years of use from it.

Reactions: Hockeynut
Thank you chapelrun.Looking forward to the short trip and meeting you.Looks to be a 5hr trip so not bad at all.Been close to that part of Virginia and is some very pretty country..

Congrats man! What a great present! Just how do you move a 10 ft dish? My girl said when she helped her dad install them. All they had were a few guys. They walked them into place then lifted them up and she put the bolts in them. They did dishes, towers, TV repair all that .

Heck when we have problems with our electrohome g07's and the wells gardner 4600 monitors ect. She gets right in their. She will bust out my pace solder station in a minute and shotgun a chassis...

Congrats man! What a great present! Just how do you move a 10 ft dish? My girl said when she helped her dad install them. All they had were a few guys. They walked them into place then lifted them up and she put the bolts in them. They did dishes, towers, TV repair all that .

Heck when we have problems with our electrohome g07's and the wells gardner 4600 monitors ect. She gets right in their. She will bust out my pace solder station in a minute and shotgun a chassis...
Normally if its a local dish within 20-30 miles or so I want to keepit bolted together in 1 piece but this dish so far away I will unbolt each section and see if it will fit in my Suburban.Have taken the 2nd and 3rd row seats out and length is not the issue as I can put 2x12x12 long and close the tailgate along with 4x8 sheets of plywood but each section 5 foot across I am not so sure so will bring my trailer just incase.

Nice lady there..Always love a woman to dive right in and get things done!...Congrats you have a keeper.

Normally if its a local dish within 20-30 miles or so I want to keepit bolted together in 1 piece but this dish so far away I will unbolt each section and see if it will fit in my Suburban.Have taken the 2nd and 3rd row seats out and length is not the issue as I can put 2x12x12 long and close the tailgate along with 4x8 sheets of plywood but each section 5 foot across I am not so sure so will bring my trailer just incase.

Nice lady there..Always love a woman to dive right in and get things done!...Congrats you have a keeper.

No matter what, it sounds like a worthwhile project to me! If you can do it with a Suburban maybe I will be okay as well.

However I half to ask to be clear about a few more things. I have an old 95 Silverado Ext Cab w/ a 6.5 bed. Lets see and I just got off the phone with a gentleman that has two 12' Bud's. He said one was taken apart all ready but the other is in one piece. These are the metal mesh ones.

1) Does rust and pits in the metal affect the dishes signal at all?
2) Do these Bud's get bent and if they do are they still any good?
3) How in the heck can I strap a round saucer down on the back of my truck? lol The second dish I hope will fit underneath in pieces.
4) The (horns?) on the dishes for lack of a better word. Where the LNB's go. Is it a problem if the horns are bent or missing? gawd am I saying that right??? lol

---

Thanks guys she is a trip that's for-sure. Never seen anything like her. Tough as they come, that one...

Thanks
Bill

Reactions: navychop
No matter what, it sounds like a worthwhile project to me! If you can do it with a Suburban maybe I will be okay as well.

However I half to ask to be clear about a few more things. I have an old 95 Silverado Ext Cab w/ a 6.5 bed. Lets see and I just got off the phone with a gentleman that has two 12' Bud's. He said one was taken apart all ready but the other is in one piece. These are the metal mesh ones.

1) Does rust and pits in the metal affect the dishes signal at all?
2) Do these Bud's get bent and if they do are they still any good?
3) How in the heck can I strap a round saucer down on the back of my truck? lol The second dish I hope will fit underneath in pieces.
4) The (horns?) on the dishes for lack of a better word. Where the LNB's go. Is it a problem if the horns are bent or missing? gawd am I saying that right??? lol

---

Thanks guys she is a trip that's for-sure. Never seen anything like her. Tough as they come, that one...

Thanks
Bill
1- Not seen many dish`s that would rust and get pits as the majority are aluminum!.Have seen cases where moisture has entered the aluminum support ribs and during a severe cold spell the aluminum tubing expanded and split the tubing...What kind of dish you going to pick up Bill?

2-Yeah they get bent!..I went and picked up a Birdview 8 1/2 footer solid spun aluminum advertised as great shape.I get there and it looked like a tractor slammed into it..Took some time and patience but I do believe I have it back in proper parobolic shape.In most cases though warpage is more of a problem than getting bent!.

3-Transported many dishes in one piece mount and all.What I like to use when transporting a dish this way is a large motorhome tire in the center of the trailer and let the mount fall into the tire then strap down to each corner of the trailer...10 footer pushing it this way...12 footer could be a problem..I would split it!.

4-Support arms can easily be remade and have done a few times here!..Now if it is a button hook that is bent and maybe this is what you were refering to earlier (#1) as button hooks are steel and prone to rust and have seen many break!

1- Not seen many dish`s that would rust and get pits as the majority are aluminum!.Have seen cases where moisture has entered the aluminum support ribs and during a severe cold spell the aluminum tubing expanded and split the tubing...What kind of dish you going to pick up Bill?

2-Yeah they get bent!..I went and picked up a Birdview 8 1/2 footer solid spun aluminum advertised as great shape.I get there and it looked like a tractor slammed into it..Took some time and patience but I do believe I have it back in proper parobolic shape.In most cases though warpage is more of a problem than getting bent!.

3-Transported many dishes in one piece mount and all.What I like to use when transporting a dish this way is a large motorhome tire in the center of the trailer and let the mount fall into the tire then strap down to each corner of the trailer...10 footer pushing it this way...12 footer could be a problem..I would split it!.

4-Support arms can easily be remade and have done a few times here!..Now if it is a button hook that is bent and maybe this is what you were refering to earlier (#1) as button hooks are steel and prone to rust and have seen many break!

1) All I know is he has a pair of 12 footers. Glad to hear that most are aluminum.
2) Warpage, ok how could one tell?
3) We have been sitting here discussing how to pull this off. As I need a permit for anything over 8.5' going down the rd. In fact VA makes you take a certain route of their choosing.
4) So I can re-make these button hooks then myself?

Thanks man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)