BUD revival & questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grampaD

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
I completed the first part of my dish repair/replacement with the addition of a bsc 621 lnbf to my 10.5' Cosmos dish. After testing for the last 3 weeks I have become a fan of this lnbf as I am getting Q of 95-99 on C-band and 79-84 on KU-band. I am limited to a range from 83W to 135W due to trees but for my purposes this will do. When setting up the lnbf I pulled the unit back in the scalar ring so only 1/4 " protrudes beyond the ring, before I did that there was only C-band coming in. As far as centering the focal point, it was done by eye and after several tries KU-band came in also. I started the install with my Traxis 3500 because of the low signal threshold and audio tone for peaking and it worked great . I then switched over to my Coolsat 5000 and have been using this setup ever since. I haven't been able to hook up my DSR920 to it as everyone else is watching it most of the time, but I am looking forward to seeing how the Q numbers compare.
My dish has a Saganaw Performance Pak 24" actuator arm and it is around 23 years old , the brushes in the motor are shot and I have no local access to find any. Does anyone know the make of motor on this unit, and where I can purchase brushes on line? I hate to scrap it for such an inexpensive fix. Also, does the sensor need to be replaced to work properly with the DSR920? I am assuming that the one in it was fine on my C-band receiver years ago but isn't fine enough in positioning for the KU signals. It's sensor looks like a micro switch mated to a 4 lobe cam.
Thanks for any & all replies.

great tip Harold
I would agree most electric shops should be able to replace the brushes :)

several of our sponsors even older ones also stocked the new pushers so if you just wanted to swap the whole actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.