Buffer time on outboard HDD pn the 211k

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
Isn't the buffering time an hour on the outboard HDD on the Dish receivers? At times I will get the 1 hr, but tonight while I had to go out on the Service Call, I froze the news on the OTA local at 5:18 PM. It was still frozen at 7:45 PM! Over 2.5 hours. Is this unusual? The whole newscast was there along with other programming. I have never noticed that before, or is the 1 hr buffering only on Dish channels? Anyone know?

Isn't the buffering time an hour on the outboard HDD on the Dish receivers? At times I will get the 1 hr, but tonight while I had to go out on the Service Call, I froze the news on the OTA local at 5:18 PM. It was still frozen at 7:45 PM! Over 2.5 hours. Is this unusual? The whole newscast was there along with other programming. I have never noticed that before, or is the 1 hr buffering only on Dish channels? Anyone know?

Only an hour for me

Only an hour for me too. But last night was different. Today, back to normal and I was on the same OTA channel.Some glitch?

I don't know whether it's the case with the 211 + EHD but every DISH DVR I've had since at least the 625 all the way to the Hopper has an unpublished feature. If you press the skip ahead button while the video is paused it will stay paused for a long, long time. I've seen 4 + hours of pause using this trick.