Bug-can't hide chan 9598 what's on Dish 500

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Since the hooper does not stay on the last fave list after a power off I have been using the parental channels hides Locks to remove all the junk channels from the guide. I can remove them all except this one channel. It shows nothing and is only good for installers.
By hiding this channel and some others I don't want, the superstation 8004-8775 channels end up right under my locals for a nice clean guide that is always perfect even when the favs reset back to my channels list.
Any ideas? DIRT can we issue a bug report please? I have tried this on two of my hoppers plus a friends.

Last edited:
You may be able to hide channels by using the Locks feature. I have done this for years on other receivers and I believe this can be done on the Hopper as well.

Did you read the thread?

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I'm on EA, I guess I don't get the channel in question. Too much egg nog. Although looking again, I do have channel 9528 and cannot remove that channel with this method either. Guess I would like an answer as well. To ScottChez, sorry for not paying attention.

You cannot lockout channel 9558 as it is the channel support uses to verify you are receiving 110.

Sent from my DROIDX

But you can block out the other test channels. We should be able to block this one. We are the customers if we don't want junk on the guide we should be able to use the designed block or lock feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts