Random recordings going nowhere?

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
So, today Syfy has a marathon of K-9 which until 3 days ago i didn't even realize was a series. I quickly set an "all episodes" timer for it, and noticed throughout the day that yes, it was recording them. According to the log it recorded all 26 episodes. According to my list of recordings, it only recorded 25. And of course the missing one is the first episode, which is probably required to have any idea what is going on in the other 25.

Normally a missed recording isn't a big deal, but it seems only to happen on things that are only being broadcast once. It happened a couple days ago with a special on NBC about the White House. Same symptom, history says it recorded, can't find it in the list.

My issue: if the history says it started and completed at the correct times, where the heck is it?

When you set the timer for the recordings, there is a setting for the maximum number of shows that you want to keep. Did you change it from its default setting? If not, that may be the reason why you only ended up with 25 episodes. The oldest recordings get deleted when you exceed the maximum.

Last edited:
You may be onto something. When I create a new timer, I never noticed this: "Maximum events for this timer: 20" - now I'm wondering why it kept 25 of them.

Still doesn't explain the occasional thing that is only broadcast once, history shows it started and stopped correctly, nothing there.

A quick search of "k9" on the ol' bay o' pirates turned up something interesting, so perhaps all is not lost. I'll know in a few hours... :D

Note that the Maximum Events does not include those which are locked. So you could (have) locked the first few before reaching the limit and not have run the limit. There may also be something special about recordings which do not complete or are broken. Of course, if you enabled all after the start of the first, you would not have gotten that one.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)