Bug fix for FreeAgent External HD in the 622?

Huntress

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
Oceanside, California
Does anyone have any information as to whether Dish is going to fix the problem with waking up this external drive and if so when it might be released? I know about turning off the sleep mode of the drive but choose not to do this. The drive was too expensive to subject it to needless wear.

Thanks,
Barbara

Does anyone have any information as to whether Dish is going to fix the problem with waking up this external drive and if so when it might be released? I know about turning off the sleep mode of the drive but choose not to do this. The drive was too expensive to subject it to needless wear.

Thanks,
Barbara
No fix yet. I'm still not convinced that it is not a Seagate design problem, since theirs are the only ones doing it. So, I don't think we'll see any software fix. Just power up the drive manually when ready to use it.

Last edited:
The drive wakes up just fine when used with a computer so I would say that Dish forgot something in the protocol or has a timing problem. I would really like to know if they are working on it or if like you they are just going to say "do a power reset"?

Thanks for the reply,
Barbara

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)