BUG REPORT: 921 display problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattsmith0

Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Odd thing happened last night while watching/recording last night on my 921. I was watching and recording 'C.S.I' in HD off the OTA tuner and got the clock icon in the lower left hand corner of the screen, notifying me that a timer was about to fire in 5 minutes to record 'ER' on the OTA tuner as well.

As noted in other threads, the actual program information displayed in the on-screen notification said something other than the actual program I was about to record (something like channel 238 and a title i don't recall). When i clicked the 'Select' button to acknowledge the notification's 'OK', my television's display flickered and the on-air signal I was watching re-sized down by roughly 1/6th the original size and moved to the upper left hand corner of the screen.

It is worth noting that I was watching 'C.S.I.' time-shifted and was about 5 minutes behind real-time.

Nothing I did would move the cropped and resized image to its original position full-screen. I tried 'Cancel', 'View TV' - even pulling up the on-screen program guide and returning to the program.

Once I finished viewing the show, I changed channels to Discovery HD and was able to get the full-screen display back *but* - the title bar was now draped across the middle of the screen. Pulling up the program menu or any other on-screen function showed the image dropped to the middle and right of the screen (sorry - forgot to take digital pics).

I soft rebooted the system (held power button down 10 secs) and that corrected any/all issues.

Odd situation and obviously some sort of bug - just thought I'd pass along. Still love the receiver. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts