BUG: Unable to hide the last channel when the OTA map consists of 11 channels

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Does anyone else have previously mapped channels that they cannot hide because they are not in the channel list? There is one I have that is out of town and not receivable. Would like to shed it but cannot.

Unable to hide OTA channels? (with more than 10 on the list)

I've discovered a new issue... When in the menu that allows you to hide OTA channel listings... if you have more than 10 OTA's you cannot select the channels greater than the tenth channel. It says at the bottom of the screen Press PAGE for more channels, but it does not work. Using cursor (in any direction) didn't work either.

With all the sub-channels in my DMA, I have 11 OTA's in my PG, but since there's only room for 10 channels to be displayed on the hide/show page, I cannot hide the last OTA channel I have.

wasch_24 said:
Page up/down works fine for me.

I've power cycled, soft re-booted and hard re-booted. I've duplicated this problem on my STB every time.

Just to make sure, when you say it works for you... you are in the show/hide channel menu page, right?

If it's just my STB, what are my options?

Are you sure you are pressing Page Down not Page Up? Page is a two-way button.

MasterFX1 said:
Yes, I understand Page is a two-way button, neither worked.
Strange. Try rescanninig your OTAs.

Looks like this issue might require some further discussion. I am moving it to a separate thread...

Ilya said:
Looks like this issue might require some further discussion. I am moving it to a separate thread...

Good idea, I did not intend for this to become such a lengthy tangent.

Anyone else having this problem... Or am I the only one?

(You must first have more than 10 OTA's listed to check.)

MasterFX1 said:
Good idea, I did not intend for this to become such a lengthy tangent.

Anyone else having this problem... Or am I the only one?

(You must first have more than 10 OTA's listed to check.)

I have 18 OTA channels and i DO NOT have this problem at all.

MasterFX1 said:
You must first have more than 10 OTA's listed to check.
I wonder if you need to have exactly 11 channels in the list to see this problem???
By the way, 11 including 8.15, right?

MasterFX1 said:
I've power cycled, soft re-booted and hard re-booted. I've duplicated this problem on my STB every time.

Just to make sure, when you say it works for you... you are in the show/hide channel menu page, right?

If it's just my STB, what are my options?
Yep. I can use the page up/down and I can use the arrow keys to move left, right, up, and down(up/down with the arrow key changes pages as well). I have 14 channels less than 100, including 8-whatever it is.

I have raised this same question twice over the last 2 days, and no one has responded to me. I have the exact same problem. One channel that I would like to hide but cannot because it does not appear on the channel list. Page up or down doesn't do a thing. It is a channel that has been mapped in the Cleveland area out of Mansfield for several months now. Am unable to receive, so would really like to be able to hide it.

FAYRICH said:
I have raised this same question twice over the last 2 days, and no one has responded to me. I have the exact same problem. One channel that I would like to hide but cannot because it does not appear on the channel list. Page up or down doesn't do a thing. It is a channel that has been mapped in the Cleveland area out of Mansfield for several months now. Am unable to receive, so would really like to be able to hide it.
Do you have eleven channels listed?

I have a full page of 10 channels listed including that duplicate V* promo channel that everyone seems to have mapped in with their locals. The missing channel would make the 11th.

Think so too. Not that big of an issue, but would like to be able to surf thru active channels only. Ilya, I think you are in the Cleveland area. You should have the same problen that I have. Ch. 68.1 not appearing on the channel list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)