Bundled account question

ET392

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Naperville, IL
I hope this isn't a dumb question. I am currently bundled with AT&T. If I unbundled my account and started a standard E* account, would I be eligible for the new customer pricing? Has anybody tried to do this with success?

Nope. Even though you're bundled, you still have info at Dish. A Dish account number (that probably doesn't show up on your bundled-with-AT&T bill)

I would like to bundle my Dish account with CenturyLink, since I have only been a customer for less than three months, I still can, and save $5 per month, but Dish has told me if I go with CenturyLink that I will be unable to access the Dish Remote Access feature, I use it all the time, so I guess it is worth $5 per month for me.

I would like to bundle my Dish account with CenturyLink, since I have only been a customer for less than three months, I still can, and save $5 per month, but Dish has told me if I go with CenturyLink that I will be unable to access the Dish Remote Access feature, I use it all the time, so I guess it is worth $5 per month for me.

I don't know about that. I use Dish Remote access, even though I am bundled. I don't have web access to my account though. Only through ATT and all they let me do is view my bill.

So you are bundled and can still access Dish Remote Access? How do you get to it? Through Dish's site or AT&T? CenturyLink did not know what I was talking about when I asked them, and Dish told me if I bundled with CenturyLink I would not be able to access the feature.

Can bundling be done after the fact? I've been with DISH for 6 months now, but I am thinking of switching to CenturyTel for my internet access -- espcially if they'll give me $5 off just for bundling with DISH.

the billing nightmares are not worth the $5. dont bother bundling.

I don't have billing nightmares. Basically, Dish sends the bill to the telco and they add a section on their bill for the dish charges. Mine is all line itemed so I can see everything. When I call for anything on the dish service I get "Thank you for calling dish Network by Frontier" (Frontier is my Telco) and I'm speaking to a Dish employee.

This probably varies depending on the Telco. I don't know about remote access as I don't use it, but I know that you don't have access to the regular online Dish account where you can add/remove programming or see what offers are available to you or see what receivers they have you listed as having, etc. this is because once you are bundled, it changes your Dish account number to one that's coded as being bundled with your telco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)