Bundled DISH with my phone........???

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
So I got a call last night from my phone company (Frontier Communications) wanting to bundle my basic phone with my Dish Network.

I had a bare minimum phone for $26/mo and TurboHD Silver for $65/mo with a 622 and a 612. They said they could bump me to TurboHD Gold and upgrade my phone to have call waiting, caller id, threeway calling, etc, all for $73/mo after taxes for the rest of 2009.

I was skeptical and asked the CSR what happens after that, but she didn't have a very good answer. She said you could still bundle them, but you would have to pay a little more, but there would still be savings due to them being bundled.

I figured I am saving ~$18/mo for the rest of the year with better service and I'll see what January of 2010 brings and cross that bridge then.

Has anyone else bundled to get a price for the remainder of the year? If so, what has happened once that year has expired? I am very curious as to how this will play out. However, this was all done over the phone and with very little details laid out, so when I call in Jan 2010 I should be able to do whatever due to the lack of information.

What say you?

pfan

Word of warning.

It may screw up further upgrades as your account now gets shifted from whoever installed it to the Telco.

I've had good customers call me to add, say, a 722 and when I submit their account number I find it is "no longer active". (In truth is has been moved to the Telco).

At that point I am frozen out of all promos and they are at the mercy of either full retail plus labor from me, or the Telco company who may, or may not, be participating in the Dish It Up promos.

I would also check what you are really saving. After boiling all things down, the best I have seen is around $5 / month than if they had just stayed as a Dish account.

YMMV

Word of warning.

It may screw up further upgrades as your account now gets shifted from whoever installed it to the Telco.

I've had good customers call me to add, say, a 722 and when I submit their account number I find it is "no longer active". (In truth is has been moved to the Telco).

At that point I am frozen out of all promos and they are at the mercy of either full retail plus labor from me, or the Telco company who may, or may not, be participating in the Dish It Up promos.

I would also check what you are really saving. After boiling all things down, the best I have seen is around $5 / month than if they had just stayed as a Dish account.

YMMV

Ditto.

I was leary for the reasons you all mentioned. I am totally satisfied with my 612 and 622. I know the 722 could be cooler with more space, but I manage the dvr to not have a whole lot on it, flirting with 20hrs of HD available.

What about my thought process on Jan 2010? Due to the lack of information given over the phone, this should empower me to make some changes in Jan 2010. Right?

pfan

I have my dish through ATT. I have had no problems with dish in that regard. My 1 year free HD (6months from dish /6months from ATT) went perfect. The discount shifted when it should have and billing has been correct for the most part. The billing cycle is the only thing that throws a monkey wrench in the operations. I just had to learn the closing date for dish to avoid confusion. I do know the offers the telcos give you are NOT from dish and they have no knowledge of them and do not show on their records. So if it is a telco offer it shows up on you telco portion of the bill, not the Dish portion. Otherwise dish treats you like a regular sub (at least in my case).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts