Burn to computer

kenpodad

Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
I have a 522 dvr dish reciever and would like to know if I can run a coaxial cable from the recievers 2nd. tv.out connection to my computers tv capture card ,and be able to burn movies from the dish reciever hard drive to my computer? Thanks for any info.

Good thing to do incase you don't trust your DVR to keep those shows you can't live without. Just incase you haven't had any problems with a DVR I'm on my third and its not fun losing what you have recorded. :(

One problem I have is trying to burn premium movie channels (HBO, etc) to DVD. These contain the broadcast flag which prevent copying to DVD unless you are a hacker or have old software. Wikipedia explains this pretty good, I won't get into a discussion of the legality of the broadcast flag here for risk of getting banned, suffice it to say my kids can't watch some of their favorite movies on the minivan DVD because of this!

You can copy onto the HDD with no problems and burn most non-premium channel stuff to DVD.

I have on occasion archived HBO movies from my 508 and 6322 . Perhaps the flag is not always used---or some DVD recorders don't recognize it.

One problem I have is trying to burn premium movie channels (HBO, etc) to DVD. These contain the broadcast flag which prevent copying to DVD unless you are a hacker or have old software. Wikipedia explains this pretty good, I won't get into a discussion of the legality of the broadcast flag here for risk of getting banned, suffice it to say my kids can't watch some of their favorite movies on the minivan DVD because of this!

You can copy onto the HDD with no problems and burn most non-premium channel stuff to DVD.
Never heard of a broadcast flag. I use Capwiz and it will copy anything from the DVR. However I only save TV shows that I save till it comes out on DVD and then I buy the DVD and destroy my copies. I never use it to illegally copy PPV's or movies on HBO or anywhere else.

I can't wait till half the old stuff I have on VHS tapes come out on DVD much better picture and half my VHS tapes don't even play anymore. lol

I've burned HBO and other premium channel movies to DVD using a basic DVD recorder. No copy protection problems I've seen. You'll get a better picture using the S-video output on TV1 rather than the TV2 coax output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)