Burnout - Paradise City

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Has anyone else been playing this? I enjoy for the simple fact that the entire city is open to drive and you can play at your own leisure. The game play is smooth and the graphics are great. I am not an advanced gamer so maybe that is why I like the game so much. Can't wait for GT5 - though!

Yeah this game is nice, downloaded the demo and couldn't wait to buy the full version. My 5 year old daughter loves it. It's amazing how much detail and back alley's there are in the game.

I think I'll hold off until I can demo GT5 and compare before buying. I definitely would like to add a racing game to my collection, though, and BP looks pretty good!

I think I'll hold off until I can demo GT5 and compare before buying. I definitely would like to add a racing game to my collection, though, and BP looks pretty good!

Have you downloaded the GT5 demo from PSN? I played it for a little while - pretty intense game.

I really enjoyed it for the first couple of days that I played it. The city looks amazing and the gameplay is good, but there are a couple of things that i really don't like.

1. How every time you crash you have to watch the slow-mo of the crash.
2. How there really isnt any story and it gets really repetitive
3. its hard to find good jumps

Personally I like the game but im glad that i didnt buy it.

One of my favorite games are GT series, no matter what racing game is the GT series always had my vote for being #1, and my #2 pick is Ridge Racer 7, great game, good graphics, no where near GT, but hey its fun drifting.

PG4/5 and Forza 2 are decent, but I enjoy the GT series more than anything.

Is GT5 going to have Multiplayer? The final version that is.

It is only part of the game, not everything is included...the game is still in development..adding more cars, circuits and other features...

That's the list price at Amazon I would assume for the full game. (I also saw the same price given on X-Play the other night).

Amazon.com: Gran Turismo: 5 Prologue: Video Games

Some games are just less expensive than the standard $59.99. NFL Tour, which came out a couple of weeks ago was also listed and selling for $39.99 at major retailers. Maybe there just isn't as much to these lower priced games than some of the others.

Saw some videos online thru IGN. Seems like they finally got ferrari's in there. Must of cost them a grip. No other GT series have had names like that. Wonder if the F1's are still gunna be there. Haven't got to read the whole article on it...sorry

I have every burnout game except for the new one. My best racing games is the ridge racer series from 1-7.

That was the first game i bought when i purchased my ps3. I thought it was a kiddy game...press x and press again and i'm drifting at 180mph? I returned it right away....no offense but i need something harder like GT lol

That's Ridge Racer's charm, easy to drift, takes a bit to perfect/master. Have always had a lot of fun with the RR games.

Not doing too well with this Burnout, hasn't hooked me, would almost rather have a menu of events sometimes... this isn't Need for Speed.

Probably send it back to Gamefly, try DMC when it lands or something.

That's Ridge Racer's charm, easy to drift, takes a bit to perfect/master. Have always had a lot of fun with the RR games.

Not doing too well with this Burnout, hasn't hooked me, would almost rather have a menu of events sometimes... this isn't Need for Speed.

Probably send it back to Gamefly, try DMC when it lands or something.

That's correct Elstevo. The drifting starts out easy and it's more tense as the game goes on, because you need perfection to master some circuits. At the sme time you are having fun and enjoying the visual and upgrade treaking. It does seem slow and easy at the beginning with slower cars. Just like Gran Turismo.

I really like to see a new Rallisport Challenge game. That game was better than project gotham.

Re: Burnout Paradise.....

1. Like the drive thru repairs, boost, painting, junk yard car swaps...
2. HATE the loss of crash mode (How the $%^& do you trigger showtime mode, I keep doing it accidentally)
3. Played dozens of levels twice before I realized that the checkmark on the pop up told you whether you completed a mission or not.....
4. Crashing the billboards are more annoying than fun, I can never figure out how to get to most of them
5. The lack of rail like racing is a nuisance when you are in a race and miss a critical turn.... at least give us some flashing signs to point out the main route.....
I miss the signature takedowns.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)