Buy an Flat HDTV now or wait till summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Buy an Flat HDTV now or wait till summer

i watched my local news and said that prices are dropping every time, and said flat screen hdtv now cost about $3000 and prices expect to come down to $1500 by summer.

This post is not a question, its just a idea for all you people thinking about buy an flat hdtv.

Yes wait, there is always something better and cheaper coming soon!

Seriously though, I've seen the same kind of news reports ever since I bought my RP/DLP in July 2003. I paid $3,600. The equivalent model can be had today for $3,000. Anyone waiting for prices to be cut in half or get down to 3 digits for a good HDTV may be in for a long wait. I think that increasing public demand for HDTVs is keeping prices higher than would be the case of just matching price points to consumer disposible income groups as production volume ramped up. Translated, the manufacturers have found that the attraction of WOW HDTV has created more cream to skim.

I second that. I went LCD shopping with the old man this weekend and he was like "$4500 ... maybe I should wait." I told him you can ALWAYS wait; and something better will ALWAYS come along. The only advantage of buying today is enjoying today.

get a CRT HDTV. Best PQ, lowest prices-always. If not then wait for LCD prices to fall, but don't wait too long-you may wind up waiting forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.