buy/sell forum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gandhrav

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Hi, this is like my second post here. Just wondering if there is a buy sell forum here where people post their fta equipment for sale. I coundn't find it anywhere. Does it mean that this site doesn't have one?

I just received a 30" dish from a friends who is moving (I did pay). Now I am looking for a used fta reciever. Does anybody have a receiver which they wana get rid off.

I am located in MD, USA.

Thanks

Oh no......

Is pub membership is free?? Or do I have to have cetain post numbers or somthing.

ps: very quick response Iceberg

UPDATE at 09:54 PM (before the post below me)

Just did some searching and read other post and found that pub membership is not free, you have to pay $20. :eek: Expensive than ebay if I join it just to view the classified area. lol

Last edited:
Pub membership is not free, but IMO well worth it for all the good inside info. Plus I have learned so much here, the investment is money well spent!.

As for classifieds only open to pub members, I like that rule cause I know I am dealing with people who have something to gain by not just spamming and selling stuff.

Shawn95GT said:
You can still read the classifieds forums, you just can't post a for sale ad.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Thanks for the link man, when I made this post I thought there was no buy/sell forum here but I am glad I made the post, response were quick and your response was very helpful for the link because it changed my whole view.

Only paid members can post there (good for the spam issue), but I am not a seller, I am a buyer So I have no problem with that, besides it is also good to view the forum first with my own eyes before I decided to become a paying member. The first 2 response failed or forgot to mention that I can still view the forum. I wasn't going to come back to this forum again but you did a complete 180 and solved my problem.

Thanks for the link. (I allready did the search in the search box many times but STILL couldn't find the buy/ sell forum, You pulled a Hudeni on me when you gave me that link, lol:D

Last edited:
Yes Welcome. I didn't even think that since it is at the bottome of the forums, you might be not be looking for it there

The reason the only paying members can post isnt for us to make money, but due to the fact we had a lot of fraud going on where someone would come and post something for sale, another member would buy it, however the seller would never actually ship them the unit and would never come back to SatelliteGuys again.

We were going to shut down the classifieds area but kept it open as a thank you to our supporters which help us pay our bills and keep the site running. This move has cut out the fraud problem we were having making it safer for all to buy from other SatelliteGuys members.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome guys

I checked it (classified section) and currently nobody have any fta a receiver for sale. So I guess I will look somwhere else.

Next month maybe I might also sign up for the classified, I have these new sealed DN receiver and dish 500 Dp which been lying around my house. But right now I am still looking for a fta receiver for my 30" dish.

Shawn95GT said:
Did you notice the Powerbuy in the FTA forum stickies?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=73980

That's a smoking deal on a brand new CoolSat 5000!

Yes man!:( sadly I found that thread 15 minute right after I bought one from flebay. Man I fell so sad now because chances are that the one I am getting might be a clone.

I am probley gonna receive my coolsat5000 on this sat. mon. or tuesday. If some how I am able to figure out that I have a clone than I might be able to return that and buy this one if the deal is still there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)