Buying a receiver

Landon3061

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
South Alabama
I am renting a 322 receiver from Dish Network but would like to buy my own. I have noticed several on Ebay for sale and was wondering if these will work on my system provided the Ebay one is a good one?
If the above is yes will all I have to do is hook it up in place of the DN one? Will I have to send the DN one back to DN?
I feel that I can save some money by doing this if possible.

You will not save any money doing this. Dish charges the same if you lease or own a receiver. The only reasons to buy a receiver are:

1. You do not want a commitment with Dish
2. You want more boxes than Dish will lease you.
3. Sometimes you can buy one for less than Dish would charge you for the dishing it up price.
4. You are not at your claimed service address and want to avoid the whole shipping issue.

You should not be paying any receiver fees if the 322 is the only receiver on your account. If you only have one receiver and have fees for it you should contact Dish to get that corrected.

You will have to send your old one back to Dish and they will charge you $15 if you want to use thier prepaid shipping boxes to do so.

You will have to send your old one back to Dish and they will charge you $15 if you want to use thier prepaid shipping boxes to do so.
Not quite. They only charge the $15 per shipping label IF you cancel your service. You can return all your leased receivers at no charge to you is you still are getting service on an owned receiver.

You should not be paying any receiver fees if the 322 is the only receiver on your account. If you only have one receiver and have fees for it you should contact Dish to get that corrected.

I didn't tell the whole story in my initial message. I have TWO 322 receivers. Would this constitute a charge from DN?

One advantage of owning all the receivers is you won't have to return anything to E* when you terminate the account.
Therefore they cannot claim they didn't receive anything back and charge your credit card.

Do they charge shipping fees if I decided to send back a receiver since I got no use and too expensive to lease the 2nd and up receivers?

oh good, i am planning to send back my 2nd receiver. just cost too much and not worth it.