What Will Dish Offer Paying Customers?

Finnigan

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Mexico
....that have lost these recent channels that are now missing due to the dispute with FOX.

We paid for them. What will they do for us in return?

Or, are we all just Sxxx out of luck and money?

Finnigan

Some have called or done chat and got some concessions. I did, got 3 PPV coupons and told to check back in 48 hours (from last night). Others have done the same and got squat! So what they will do is in turmoil at the moment.

Call or chat and see what they will do for you. Can't hurt.

$5 per month for a yr

I'm getting $5 per month off for a year for losing Nat Geo. I went on chat and was able to get that. I posted the whole chat on the Big thread about it.

you under contract? nothing
outa contract - some lowball thing

me im gettin direct

I'm under contract and got 3 PPVs.

I considered the 2 alternate choices for me. D* or Mediacomm. Both mean losing national HD channels I care about and in the case of Mediacomm, almost all of them.

I'll stick around and be a little irritated... :)

I am not under contract and was able to get $5 a month for 12 months. Had to chat twice to get it and got transferred to the "loyalty department" before receiving any success.

Whats MediaComm? Is that Cable, Or Fiber?

Cable, and unfortunately not one that has gone all digital. Not enough bandwidth to do more than they are doing now. About 20 HD channels total counting premiums and locals, so it is very slim pickings. And SD that is truly horrible...

I'm in a fairly rural part of the country, Herrin, IL where I live is about 11K pop and the biggest town in the area is less that 20K. So no fiber. :(

I just got off the phone with a dish csr. I complained about losing all the channels, and especially the lack of HD games on Center Ice..."I got nuthin'".

I told him we, as end users, are the losers and do not care about any pissing matches between multi-billion dollar companies, and I would like what I signed on for, or some kind of credit.

I was polite, yet stern, and didn't even swear at the guy!

I basically just hung up & will start looking at other options.

Me too - I was polite and the CSR seemed almost sarcastic - he would not "elevate" the call because he said nobody would care. I got nothing

I just got off the phone with a dish csr. I complained about losing all the channels, and especially the lack of HD games on Center Ice..."I got nuthin'".

I told him we, as end users, are the losers and do not care about any pissing matches between multi-billion dollar companies, and I would like what I signed on for, or some kind of credit.

I was polite, yet stern, and didn't even swear at the guy!

I basically just hung up & will start looking at other options.

Try again. You will probably get something. I had to try a couple times.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My parents who have Dish got the three PPV coupons as well, after hearing we dont want to pass on the fox 50% increase to you the customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)