What Will Dish Offer Paying Customers?

So far, every single time I have used a PPV coupon, it is not credited and I have to spend time time with Dish CS to get the credit. I refuse to use them anymore, not worth the trouble.

These post about having to call or chat with a CSR to perhaps get a credit of some sort shows me the complete ineptness of Dish. Remember the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? Well, if Dish were in control of itself, there wouldn't be such confusion with credits,..or lack of. In a well run corporation, there wouldn't be a squeaky wheel, all the wheels would be greased equally and regularly. No squeaking/complaining to a CSR to perhaps get the grease/credit. If you are in a tier that lost programing, you get the credit. No calling, no complaining, just the credit you qualify for because you lost programming and no additional incentives no matter how long you argue. Hit and miss customer relations will NOT keep your customers.

jrbdmb said:
So far, every single time I have used a PPV coupon, it is not credited and I have to spend time time with Dish CS to get the credit. I refuse to use them anymore, not worth the trouble.

How are you using them? Go to dish.com, ppv then order a movie. You can have it billed to your account, pay by cc, or redeem a ppv coupon. It takes 30 seconds. Ive done it 10 times. Always see the charge and the credit on the bill. Not a single issue

These post about having to call or chat with a CSR to perhaps get a credit of some sort shows me the complete ineptness of Dish. Remember the old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? Well, if Dish were in control of itself, there wouldn't be such confusion with credits,..or lack of. In a well run corporation, there wouldn't be a squeaky wheel, all the wheels would be greased equally and regularly. No squeaking/complaining to a CSR to perhaps get the grease/credit. If you are in a tier that lost programing, you get the credit. No calling, no complaining, just the credit you qualify for because you lost programming and no additional incentives no matter how long you argue. Hit and miss customer relations will NOT keep your customers.

I agree, that is the way it should happen. But unfortunately, it isn't the way it happens on E* or D*. 'special' deals and such always take a phone call/chat/website tick or some such action on your part.

Call, or chat of your displeasure with the current situation. Be nice and don't have an attitude with the CR. Express no interest in PPV coupons and get a $10/month credit for a year. Of course your account standing and how much you are "valued" may play into it. This is how it played out for me via chat. Many others have gotten this too.

$10/month in volume may give some incentive for Dish to settle. Just remember they would much rather give the PPV coupons instead of the $10/mo.

Was first offered 3 PPV. Then said I am thinking of leaving. Sent to retention. Got $10 off for 5 months. Dependant, it seemed, on me being long term and paying my bill. My bill runs around $135/month normally.

Tried yesterday, I was hoping to get Starz but was told I had to be on paper less billing and credit card autopay. So instead she gave me 5 ppv coupons. I guess its better than nothing. I first played dumb, where are all the Fox channels? She said that they where giving me channels that where in the platinum package for the loss of channels, I said I am already pay for those, that's when she offered the 5 coupons. Looks like at the least we are getting a few bucks off of our bill or free PPV's.:up

Last edited:
My 2 year contract ended in September. Did an online chat, they offered 3 PPV coupons. I mentioned I may need to look into spending my television dollars elsewhere, so she transferred me to retention.

Retention offered me $5 off per month for a year, which I took.

So I agree, for anyone no longer in a contract, all it takes is a quick conversation online or on the phone and you can get a little off your monthly bill. In my case, being a TurberHD Silver customer during their bait-and-switch days, I voiced my displeasure with the prices going up but no new channels being added for my package. Seemed like a fair arguement to warrant a monthly credit.

And being NICE to the service representative probably goes a long way in them working with you on a deal you can agree on.

I chatted with Dish Network online last week, and they offered me three months of the multi sports package. Today I viewed my bill, and I was charged $7.00 for the multi sports package. I am chatting online right now to get the charge removed, and will then ask what else they will give me.

They said I will receive a credit for the $7.00.

I asked if I could get Platinum HD, and they are giving it to me for 3 months. I don't know if they will remove the multi-sport package.

If we do end up losing the local Fox channel, any chance you think they will give me an OTA adapter (actually I would need two, since I have two DVRs, but I'll settle for one) for free?

pretty sad I could barely find 3 movies to use the coupons on
I did find out I had two that were expiring this month so I had 5 in total counting the three they gave me for this mess

Now for me to even watch the movies. Robin Hood I might check out but the rest, meh don't give a rats ass

$10 off per month for 12 months, via chat. It shows up as "Loyalty Offer XX of 12" on my bill. I was first offered PPV coupons but declined. I am not under contract.

I'm only 5 months into a 2 year contract so a lot less leverage room, but was able to get 3 PPV coupons. I wanted a reduction in the MultiSport package price since I have lost so many channels from that package, but no luck there. Still, 3 coupons beats nothing at all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)