buying a reciver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Depending on the model of the HR20 it may not be compatible. If it's a 700 you'll also need a 2 way SWM splitter for it too. They are tricky trying to hook up for a MRV job.

It's the HR20-100 that needs the swm splitter. See the link in the post above.

Another question on the owned receiver issue, I have an owned HR10-250 and gave it to my neighbor because he was wanting another DVR. He doesn't care about HD and only wanted the receiver for the DVR. When he activated it they said it was required that he pay for HD service. It was my understanding where it was a lease that adding hd service is un-neccesary. What are the rules for this as far as owned receivers go was he informed correctly?

Another question on the owned receiver issue, I have an owned HR10-250 and gave it to my neighbor because he was wanting another DVR. He doesn't care about HD and only wanted the receiver for the DVR. When he activated it they said it was required that he pay for HD service. It was my understanding where it was a lease that adding hd service is un-neccesary. What are the rules for this as far as owned receivers go was he informed correctly?

IF you have a HD recvr on your account your required to have the HD service.

if the reciver has HD you are required to have HD unless you are in an area that has locals on mpeg4 market then you can have hd box with out the hd charge. and as for the receiver you can buy those from dtv with no contract and you would own them. However they aint cheap. :)

IF you have a HD recvr on your account your required to have the HD service.

That's true, Jimbo, but don't you think Directv should consider the HR10 series a non hd unit since it can't get mpeg4 channels?

raoul5788 said:
That's true, Jimbo, but don't you think Directv should consider the HR10 series a non hd unit since it can't get mpeg4 channels?

Hmmm, good point ...
Does D* see it that way ?
I haven't heard a HR10 mentioned in ages, are they still running, I figured they would have been swapped out by now.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts