Buying on FleaBay

bxl4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Bainbridge Island, WA
I need to get a new reciever for SD service while I wait for full HDTV service in my area (I'm on 129 and have no local Fox in HD).

How do I know if a reciever on eBay has a "balance" on it? What else, other than the usual eBay caveats do I need to know to make a wise purchase?

Thanks.

I need to get a new reciever for SD service while I wait for full HDTV service in my area (I'm on 129 and have no local Fox in HD).

How do I know if a reciever on eBay has a "balance" on it? What else, other than the usual eBay caveats do I need to know to make a wise purchase?

Thanks.

Yes get thr receiver number ie R003123456 and get smart card number too S003123456 then call dish and tell them what you are doing and ask for any balance info. Also be sure there are no uncleared PPV's on the receiver. I have a 508 if you are interested.

Thanks to all for the advice. One idea that has just emerged is to buy a 942 to get some OTA hd and time shifting - however my local terrain makes it iffy.

Am I right to assume that any Dish "swap out" offers would be for leasing customers not owners to address the MPEG4 transition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)