Buying Own Receiver

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Well since DirecTV kinda screws you over, I decided I will check out the Dish Network forum and ask the same question. If I were to buy my own receiver, would I still have to pay the $5.00/month even though it's my receiver? Also, I remember a DN tech telling me that you can use 1 receiver, and have 2 tuners built in, so you can use 1 receiver on 2 tvs. Is this true?

NateCohen said:
Well since DirecTV kinda screws you over, I decided I will check out the Dish Network forum and ask the same question. If I were to buy my own receiver, would I still have to pay the $5.00/month even though it's my receiver? Also, I remember a DN tech telling me that you can use 1 receiver, and have 2 tuners built in, so you can use 1 receiver on 2 tvs. Is this true?
If you own a 622 there is no lease fee, but unless you get the Platnum package you will pay a DVR fee. VIP 622 is DVR and has output to a second TV.

NateCohen said:
A dual tuner receiver can be connected to 2 TVs if it is not connected to a telephone line 24/7 it will be charged an additional $5 fee for the second tuner. Wether you own or lease with DISH or Directv you will pay an additional fee for extra receivers. Even cable charges for additional DIGITAL CONVERTERS and a satellite receiver is a DIGITAL CONVERTER. Satellite has no ANALOG signals that your TV can process.:) :) :)

Does the DIGITAL CONVERTER actually use the phone line that's plugged in? I don't understand why you need a phone line plugged in to not pay the extra $5.00.

The only useful thing about having phone connected for the subscriber is the use of pay per view and also Caller ID if you have that on your phone service. Why Dish wants phone line hooked up is so they can tell if your at the place of residence that you have listed on your account.

Well, by having that telephone line plugged in, does it tie up your phone line at all?

Well thank you guys for all your help. But I think I am going to go with DirecTV, for just one reason. They're giving me a $16.00/month discount because I have all Verizon services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)