Buzz Saw hits XM staffers!!

What really bugs me is why are they keeping the stupid commercial clear channel stations. Who would want to listen to a music station with commercials? I can get that for free on FM radio. I though that the contract was going to end this summer but yet those clear channel stations are still on there.

I am glad at least that they are keeping the 90's station and BPM. Maybe they will add some life to the 90's channels with jocks and specials because right now the station is just a automated boring same old songs jukebox. I also hope they keep Ferry Corsen countdown, Tiesto and Mat Dairy shows on BPM.

Also believe it or not I do like some rock and I am glad they replacing Fred with 1st Wave. I like 1st Wave better because they more of the new wave hits while Fred played to many obscure songs. Also Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind should be better because it is not automated like Top Tracks and Big Tracks was. The one artist channels on the other hand are the biggest waste of space ever and I wish they would go away forever. The Elvis channel is the only exception that should stay.

While I have not listened to the XM channels, I can say that I frequently enjoy the Area 38 channel, and that I was impressed by how they have managed to collect together shows by most of the top names in Techno music.

BTW, there are other alternatives beside satellite and terrestrial - namely Internet Radio.

For example, I frequently listen to the many electronic, techno and other channels at:

SomaFM: Listener Supported, Commercial-Free Internet Radio

Area 38 is garbage compared to The System (XM's equivalent)

As far as Internet based radio. Most of us don't yet have Internet in the car. I have an unlimited Internet package on my PDA for $45 a month that I suppose I could use and stream it somehow to my car stereo, but that would be stupid (and choppy). I'll just revert back to MP3 CD compilations of my techno songs. The only downside is that I won't be introduced to anything new. I really don't listen to that much music at home but I suppose I could start so I could still be offered up new music.

Area 38 does suck. They don't play enough trance tunes and there mix shows are terrible. I am not happy that it is going to replace The System.

What a great reminder to wake up to. This is the first thing I read this AM on my PC. Thanks... thanks for rubbing it in that they are getting rid of the System.

When is it gone for good? I see it still on the online listings. Are we talking this week? Months? Anybody know?

What really bugs me is why are they keeping the stupid commercial clear channel stations. Who would want to listen to a music station with commercials? I can get that for free on FM radio. I though that the contract was going to end this summer but yet those clear channel stations are still on there.

I'm sure this is due to some contractual obligation they can't break.... Clear channel was an early investor and this had handcuff provisions to give them the rights to program certain channels.

Last edited:
Yeah...what you guys may not realize is that a LOT of younger and middle aged people LOVE the formats of both MIX and KISS (fm) style radio stations. They think these channels are great additions to XM's lineup. Also, Clear Channel provides the best talk radio in America, with XM 165 and XM 173 (WLW). Its all a matter of perspective. I hate their music channels myself, but I absolutely love being able to listen to WLW across America (and not on AM)!!

Hmmm...everyone has their own taste

I have both services and prefer the XM channels......

So to each his own.

I'm with you, I listen to primarily X country(Xm) or Outlaw Country( Sirius). I can't stand Mojo Nixon. I love Road calls on Xm

I hope there is room for X Country in the Sirius lineup

Damn no more E! My wife is going to be PO'ed :eek: One of her favorites for Hour each way commute.

Merging X country with Outlaw was inevitable.:(

Now we watch to see how much churn is affected by this hatchetfest.....

Both good and bad for me.... Radio Margaritaville is a nice add, but I'll miss UPop...

I do not think Sirus XM will last much beyond 2010. The reason is that Cell Phones like my I phone will replace satellite radio and allow us to listen to what we want to hear. I use my I Phone as my radio now.

Come March bye bye Sirus XM

Good bye.

I see that they did improve Area. They now have many different radio shows that were not on there before. Robbie Rivera, Corstens Countdown, Carl Cox, Tiesto's Club Life, Benny Benassi and Nocturnal with Matt Darey, all of these shows use to be on BPM. I give them credit for adding some radio shows as before Area's original shows stunk. Still I mainly listen to Sirius XM when I want to hear some oldies, 80's, 90's, pop, classic rock, new wave and R&B but when I want to get serious and listen to some good trance I fire up my computer and use my Di.fm Premium subscription. I have their trance channel streaming almost all day and night and when I am not on the computer I am listing to Sirius XM.

I do not think Sirus XM will last much beyond 2010. The reason is that Cell Phones like my I phone will replace satellite radio and allow us to listen to what we want to hear. I use my I Phone as my radio now.

Good bye.

I doubt that will be the case for the masses.

Good bye.

Can your Iphone turn around and output to an FM frequency while you are streaming Internet from it, so you can listen in your car without an aux jack on the stereo or on headphones? If you have no aux jack or cassette player, how would you get it to pipe through your car stereo without an FM output?

I have an expensive 3G Internet package myself on my PDA (ATT Tilt) but don't use it for listening to music. It would feel too awkward. Also, even though the net is fast on the cell phone network, it is not without its breaks in communication. I watch slingbox on my PDA phone and it buffers somewhat. Having music buffer every few minutes is not acceptable for anybody. Maybe after we get a true wimax network it would be feasible, but not anytime soon.

If you don't listen in your car, the Internet option may work, but not if you listen primarily in the car.

Area XX has been an excellent channel for a very long time, and I'm really looking forward to the addition of the System programs and FINALLY WE GET BPM!! :)

Area XX has been an excellent channel for a very long time, and I'm really looking forward to the addition of the System programs and FINALLY WE GET BPM!! :)

Why would you get the System programs on Area? It has already been stated that they are not merging. Area is replacing The System on XM, but The System is produced by an outside source (not XM) but is also still on DirecTV and XM Online.

As far as Area becoming an excellent channel. I haven't listened to it in a year or longer since I had Dish. I have no choice but to at least dip my feet into it now and see if it is so much better than it once was. I'll listen today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)