Sirius Repair Help

yavftm

Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I bought a Audiovox PNP1 on Clearance and the radio works well. The problem that I have is that the metal piece that connects the antenna to the PNP1 unit has separated from the cable. It looks like what happens when you remove the metal piece on the end of your tv cable. It looks like when the antenna was made that the metal sheath, that recieves the cable from the antenna, was glued to the metal piece that is surrounded by plastic at the beginning of the rubber/plastic coated section of the antenna.

My question is can this be repaired somehow. Both the antenna wire and the metal sheath are fine, I just need to fasten them together. If I reinsert the wire into the sheath and place it into the radio and strongly push the sheath and the antenna wire together, I get a strong signal. Any help would be great!!!

I can not recall the type on connector at the end of the antenna wire but I am sure you can buy a new one at Digi-Key Corporation - USA Home Page I was looking into making a cable a few years ago and after I priced out the parts it was more then I could get one off ebay.

If you need some info try asking SIRIUS Radios, SIRIUS antennas, SIRIUS accessories | TSS-Radio , I have bought some parts from them and they are real helpful with any question you have. They might give the connector type. Or just buy another antenna.

Ken

The Antenna connector is SMB type. Our recommendation generally is to replace the antenna, because we've found usually the tools to re-end the cables is more expensive than replacing the antenna is.

I'm the e-mail guy for the Sirius dealer that Kdwebsol speaks of... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)