Bye, Bye Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
bigthrust said:
That is your opinion, GaryPen. I have noticed that you are turning very "anti-E*" these days. Is that true?

No. El Cu was incorrect about many of the technical points in his post. Nothing Cameron said was incorrect.
It has nothing to do with opinion.
Anti-E? I have no loyalty to ANY company, in general. I give them money, they give me goods and/or services. If they F up, I can take my business elsewhere, or keep it with them. In Dish's case, I stay for a few reasons:
1. $240 early termination fee.
2. Availability of WPIX during baseball season.
3. As a former proponent of Dish (I was a happy sub for almost 5 years), I would like to see them return to their former selves.

However, unless they show a marked improvement in the following areas, I'm gone after the baseball season.
1. HW development and manufacture is a friggin' joke. Every recently released product, save the 301/311 has been riddled with bugs and missing features, being released well before they were ready.
2. Customer Service is atrocious. Absolutely terrible. You can call 3 different times, and get 3 different answers to the same question.
3. Constantly changing policies. No apparent strategy. They make it up as they go along. Does Donald Rumsfeld sit on their BoD?
4. Lack of HD. No "compelling" content yadda yadda yadda.
5. Charlie antagonizes his business partners, instead of partnering with them, creating huge, embarassing public dramas and even loss of some channels.
6. Charlie is a fountain of Bullsh!t, as Cameron states. Whether it's regarding HW, programming negotiations, or HD, when he opens his mouth, you can almost see the swirling fumes of Bullsh!t, visibly on camera.

Oh tell it all!!!

GaryPen said:
No. El Cu was incorrect about many of the technical points in his post. Nothing Cameron said was incorrect.
It has nothing to do with opinion.
Anti-E? I have no loyalty to ANY company, in general. I give them money, they give me goods and/or services. If they F up, I can take my business elsewhere, or keep it with them. In Dish's case, I stay for a few reasons:
1. $240 early termination fee.
2. Availability of WPIX during baseball season.
3. As a former proponent of Dish (I was a happy sub for almost 5 years), I would like to see them return to their former selves.

However, unless they show a marked improvement in the following areas, I'm gone after the baseball season.
1. HW development and manufacture is a friggin' joke. Every recently released product, save the 301/311 has been riddled with bugs and missing features, being released well before they were ready.
2. Customer Service is atrocious. Absolutely terrible. You can call 3 different times, and get 3 different answers to the same question.
3. Constantly changing policies. No apparent strategy. They make it up as they go along. Does Donald Rumsfeld sit on their BoD?
4. Lack of HD. No "compelling" content yadda yadda yadda.
5. Charlie antagonizes his business partners, instead of partnering with them, creating huge, embarassing public dramas and even loss of some channels.
6. Charlie is a fountain of Bullsh!t, as Cameron states. Whether it's regarding HW, programming negotiations, or HD, when he opens his mouth, you can almost see the swirling fumes of Bullsh!t, visibly on camera.
Tell it all brother, tell it all!!! Can I get a Amen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)