Bye bye to THIS TV???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its just speculation that THIS TV may get scrambled in the future.FTA as it was 15+ years ago most likely wont come back but i don't see the FTA of today going bye bye in the near future.Stations will continue to come and go in our FTA world.

Its just speculation that THIS TV may get scrambled in the future.FTA as it was 15+ years ago most likely wont come back but i don't see the FTA of today going bye bye in the near future.Stations will continue to come and go in our FTA world.
you have a heart of gold stanley.

Keep the faith ICU!:).I remember when you started putting your FTA system together around 2010 and how excided you was! By the way! My first system also went up around that time also. Its been a fun ride since with all its ups and downs.

Keep the faith ICU!:).I remember when you started putting your FTA system together around 2010 and how excided you was! By the way! My first system also went up around that time also. Its been a fun ride since with all its ups and downs.
you said keep the faith and it has arrived,starting monday..are you some kind of guru stanley....(smile).....have a great day man.

another sign I think THIS is going to the encrypted Tribune mux - there is now an encrypted channel labeled "test" with about the same datarate as the Antenna TV one.

If THIS does go encrypted, it looks like MOVIES! will be available FTA as a reasonable replacement as that channel is being uplinked from Weigel and so far Weigel uplinked multicast channels have been FTA, unlike Tribune uplinked ones.

:mad:

The only way to get This on OTA is from Lake Charles and without a very tall, large, expensive antenna, you can't get it. Not to mention, no trees in the way. :mad:

My dad can get it from Lake Charles but I can not. His antenna is like 4x bigger than mine and twice as high as mine. It's impossible for me to put up a taller antenna without installing a very expensive tower.

Speaking of PQ, MeTV carried on 12.4 (KBMT) is garbage and is unwatchable. The bit rate is very low and they compress the h*ll out of it so it looks really, really bad. And when there's motion, it's worse than bad.
I always prefer to watch MeTV off my big dish.

If they kill This TV on C-band that's really gonna s*ck... I like the wee hours stuff like Highway Patrol, Sea Hunt, Mr Ed, Patty Duke, Green Acres and before they pulled it, The Outer Limits.
Since I can't get it OTA this means I'll loose it totally.

:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts