BYU on FTA?........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Is there any BYU channels on KU, I checked the list but I am not seeing any. Got a call today from someone who said his friend has 2 channels on AMC3........ I didn't find them..........
I hate to ask, But what sat would have them if any...... I know dish network has them but i cant find them in KU.

Thanks

If you are in the Southern US (Arizona counts! :)) then you can pick BYU international (In English, but it also has many alternative languages) on 116.8°W SatMex 5 Ku. The US version is on 97.0°W Galaxy 25 C-Band.

There is also one other location (Ku-Band) that I will PM you.

Thanks!!.... I went to lyngsat and looked at 116.8 SatMex, It does not show a "F" So I am assuming that it is not free or is it?.
I got a fixed dish so I hate to go outside and move it. Just wondering if they are free.

BYU is on Satmex5 and as long as you're not in a northern state you can get it. S5 is an oddball footprint and in MN its tough to get with a 30" dish but doable. Most other states its fine :)

They have a backup on G28/IA8 but most of the time that channel is black

97W C-Band they have a bunch of different feeds.

As listed on Lyngsat and confirmed by myself , you can find a couple of channels for BYU on Galaxy 28 @ 89.0 West ........

Not sure if they are 24/7 or only partially active , I have seen programs on there many times with the BYU logo on the botton corner of the screen.

11.780 H 29.000

I wonder how small of a dish you could get away with using on the c-band byutv transmissions. They are some of the strongest c-band signals that I have looked at on my BUD. I wonder if you could get away with a 3-4 ft dish with a cband lnbf, or if there would be too much interference even with the strong signal.

They're not the strongest on the 6 footer. The Utah station KCSG buries the needle on the 6 footer but BYU is only a 50-55 or so

Yes, KCSG is the strongest on that bird. There are a couple feeds that I pickup for BYUTV on there, and one is lower like you say, but the other is in the upper 90's for me.

I saw a little mesh dish awhile back (looked to be under 5 feet) and was thinking of asking the owner about it just so I could test the signal strength on various c-band sats with a smaller dish. Unfortunately, I was driving by awhile back and the dish was folded up in a big heap of scrap :(

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am also trying to get BYUTV. Their website says they're on 89W, but I can't even get my receiver to pretend it's trying to pick it up. Can someone confirm the location of the channel?
Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts