BYU on FTA?........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Is there any BYU channels on KU, I checked the list but I am not seeing any. Got a call today from someone who said his friend has 2 channels on AMC3........ I didn't find them..........
I hate to ask, But what sat would have them if any...... I know dish network has them but i cant find them in KU.

Thanks

If you are in the Southern US (Arizona counts! :)) then you can pick BYU international (In English, but it also has many alternative languages) on 116.8°W SatMex 5 Ku. The US version is on 97.0°W Galaxy 25 C-Band.

There is also one other location (Ku-Band) that I will PM you.

Thanks!!.... I went to lyngsat and looked at 116.8 SatMex, It does not show a "F" So I am assuming that it is not free or is it?.
I got a fixed dish so I hate to go outside and move it. Just wondering if they are free.

BYU is on Satmex5 and as long as you're not in a northern state you can get it. S5 is an oddball footprint and in MN its tough to get with a 30" dish but doable. Most other states its fine :)

They have a backup on G28/IA8 but most of the time that channel is black

97W C-Band they have a bunch of different feeds.

As listed on Lyngsat and confirmed by myself , you can find a couple of channels for BYU on Galaxy 28 @ 89.0 West ........

Not sure if they are 24/7 or only partially active , I have seen programs on there many times with the BYU logo on the botton corner of the screen.

11.780 H 29.000

I wonder how small of a dish you could get away with using on the c-band byutv transmissions. They are some of the strongest c-band signals that I have looked at on my BUD. I wonder if you could get away with a 3-4 ft dish with a cband lnbf, or if there would be too much interference even with the strong signal.

They're not the strongest on the 6 footer. The Utah station KCSG buries the needle on the 6 footer but BYU is only a 50-55 or so

Yes, KCSG is the strongest on that bird. There are a couple feeds that I pickup for BYUTV on there, and one is lower like you say, but the other is in the upper 90's for me.

I saw a little mesh dish awhile back (looked to be under 5 feet) and was thinking of asking the owner about it just so I could test the signal strength on various c-band sats with a smaller dish. Unfortunately, I was driving by awhile back and the dish was folded up in a big heap of scrap :(

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am also trying to get BYUTV. Their website says they're on 89W, but I can't even get my receiver to pretend it's trying to pick it up. Can someone confirm the location of the channel?
Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.