C-Band actuator/ dish positioning setup help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am looking to set a pole in the ground and setup my C band dish. I have an actuator for it and a couple analog receivers and a fully mapped 4dtv receiver with all of the satellites. I need help in setting up the positioning of the dish with the receiver. I see there are positions available from like 3000-5000. Where would I set my true south at 72w with these numbers? How does the spacing of the numbers work? I would like to be able to have this work from 43w to 131w if possible. Is there a guide anywhere that talks about setting the dish positions and actuator setup?

With any analog receiver I've ever programmed, the numbers in the mover are not set until the limits are set. That will set one end to 0 and the other end will be some large number. Don't think you can 'pre assign' a particular number for 'true south'(or any satellite) as it will be however many counts it makes from 0 to place the dish in the center. Same goes for the satellites.

With the 4D,5000 was usually whatever sat the download channel was on.Was "G1"and before that I think it was "G0".Now you could make it "X4" but I don't think it really matters.The numbers that are in the 4D would only be good for the dish,actuator and location where the 4D was originally set up.With a different actuator,etc, you're going to have to reprogram all the sats and east/west limits anyway.You can probably find out which sat was 5000 by going in to Program Sats and see which one it tells you to move to 5000 (G1 {Gal 15@133},most likely) and start from there.

so # 5000 is not the end of the movement? I thought that like 3000 was one end and 5000 was the other end of the movement. I have never had this setup before so I am going to have to reset all of the settings. The receiver was setup for Maine but it master reset.

No the 5000 is whatever sat(like X4) you want to make "home" position. Haven't set the limits on my 922 yet because I'm using a Pansat AP600 for dish mover(36v). As is right now the E limit is 4276 & W limit is 5271. They are what you set them to. Don't know the max & min count for upper & lower limits are but pretty sure you'll be OK after you set up the linear East, or linear West, or H to H functions. Maybe someone has the numbers for max & min?

I think 5000 is basically center,so it'll probably go from 0 to 9999,just guessing tho_On my Winegard 10' with 24" Superjack the east limit is 5474 and west is 6692.That's running the dish from 139w to at least 45w,I'm not really sure how far east it will go cause I haven't finished setting it up yet.

So if 5000 is home position does the lower numbers all go east of the home position? Higher numbers are all westward?

Since you're in NH I'd think you would set for linear west & make your west limit something beyond 131w like 137W(plus a few counts). If you can see 137w that is. I'm linear east from 55.5 to 139W being in CA.
Linear west actuator has the actuator fully retracted on your western satellite - the heim joint faces west.

Cool my limit is 131w. I may be able to get a very weak signal on 133w but that is it. I should be able to get 40.5w no problem. Does it matter which dish I make my home dish at 5000? I personally remapped my dsr922 so I have every tile.

Where will you spend most of your time in the arc? East, somewhere in the middle or west?
If the actuator were set linear east pushing toward the west your eastern sats would track more accurately I'd think, provided you spend more time there. Having the actuator pull from the eastern limit it may have some bounce in the dish with the actuator fully extended set as linear west. Some folks use 2 dishes - one linear west & another linear east to overlap.

You need more input from someone back there.;)

Now the dish needs to be centered in its swing at due south correct? That way the elevation tracks correctly? I have only setup ku on a motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts