Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
I wish you could all make the shift to add C band to your KU band channels. I am reducing the number of dishes and changing and tweaking constantly. But my TV watching is increasingly going to C band channels. The quality of the picture compares with none in the High Definition area. Since I'm on the West coast, I watch shows from the east coast three hours early in the evening, and go to bed by 9:30pm! In the early am I again watch the east coast feeds for news or a western movie and then off for my day.

VIVA C band FTA!

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's great to have both bands, for sure. I don't find much use in it for time-shifting any more since I rarely watch the networks, but used to be very handy to have east and west feeds in-the-clear on just about everything. Used to get at least 2 hockey games a night, live back before they fibered the rinks and mostly did away with satellite feed for it.
And not having that rain-fade from ku is wonderful!

Absolutely agree here. I have 2 full size motorized C band dishes. The picture quality & number of things you can pick up are amazing. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

When I was selling Birdviews in the mid 80's, Ku was "new" to the home user, and just a toy.
It's almost like we've come full circle...where "C" is the place for the satellite hobbyist again.
Nice having both, however when possible!
"C" is "Cool!"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)