C band and Ku Band Aiming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The conical scalar may not work as well as a flat scalar on your dish.
The C/Ku lnbfs are intended for Prime Focus dishes and do not do well on a 1.2 m offset.
You are better off with C on prime position and Ku offset 6 degrees. (and a motor)

There have been several threads about using DMX741 to receive C & Ku on dishes mainly 6 ft and larger. The problem is when you get C band aligned the Ku degrades and vice versa. I use this lnb on my 6 Ft Fortec Star Polar mount and have encountered the same issues.
There are very few members(2-3) that have success getting both C & Ku to have maximum peak signals.
With that be said, if there are issues with larger dishes (6ft and higher), the problem will be more pronounced using a smaller dish (120cm/4 ft). It is a great lnb, but I decided to have a separate C band dish on an actuator and a 120cm using a H2H motor.
You might get some very strong C & Ku, but the signal will be weak, and weak signals will not be received. Normally it would be best to peak the Ku first and then check the C band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts