c band channels recieved on 1.2 meter so far

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Ok, played around some more today with my 1.2 meter and my old .65 degree cal amp c band lnb, now deceased (rip). I was able to tune a few c band signals before it died, even though I was using it without any scalar ring. Here is what i have been able to pick up on c band so far:

Anik F1- ASN ~65%
g-10 Outdoor channel around 55% SQ
IA 13- Sportsman Channel, Euronews around 55% sq

I got that far and then my lnb died :( As soon as I can get a c band LNBF I will be back out there playing and reporting in this thread. Just out of curiosity what have others been able to pick up?

I will be installing mine this weekend, but I was able to pick up one so far in my temporary "Pole in a bucket" setup.

Whoops. I don't know what I'm talking about. Can't find it on Lyngsat now, so removed it from this post.

Last edited:
Have fun with it Das, so far I am with mine. Kind of bummed my spare c band lnb died, but guess its better to have it happen now then when I really want it. I am pretty psyched with the performance so far, esp with the crippled lnb/no scalar ring setup I was using today. I think I will find several channels available on c band DVBs with the 1.2. I think the main problem I am going to find is adjacent sat interference, but if I pick the sats (and tp's) I go after carefully I have a feeling I will be pleasantly surprised with my 1.2 meter "freebee" :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)