C Band dishes in movies and TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
What are your favorite movies or TV programs with C band dishes in them?

Cherry 2000 has them in many places.

Spyhard has several pointing all which ways on top of an island rocket control center. Andy Griffith plays the villian there.

My Cousin Vinny has one outside the motel.

Stay Tuned has a huge dish in the yard that transports people into TV programming from hell.

Videodrome has several. Really a sick movie I didn't like, but dishes at least.

Die Hard 2 has a array of BUDs blown up at the airport under construction.

I watched a really good movie last night. it had two or three in it the name was " The Dish " really good movie if you like that kind of stuff.........

Watched Tequila Sunrise w/ Mel Gibson and Michelle Pfeifer about a week ago and there is a C-band dish visible in several scenes.

Let's not forget the big fight scene in The Cable Guy... Not my favorite by any means, but still, two guys fighting in a huge dish in the middle of a rainstorm is not something you see every day.

Now that I've been thinking about this..."The Day After Tomorrow" has some outside the weather station.

I keep looking at the 1970s and 80s vintage TV shows for the first sightings of them. Nothing to report yet.

Airheads

I just saw the movie Airheads with brendon fraiser and adam sandler on Starz last night. They show a mesh cband dish many times throughout the movie on the rooftop of the radio station.

Virtually all of the Bond movies, but Arecibo would have to be the grandaddy of 'em all.
Cool game, I've noticed many prop dishes in numerous movies, just never bothered to note the association to which movie. I need to pay closer attention so I can contribute.
I do something similar with movies showing the twin towers. I've not keep an official list, but it is amazing how many movies they were used in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)