C-Band feedhorn part: what is this called?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jluyt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi all,

I need to buy this part but do not know what it is called correctly. The plastic ring behind the feendorn. Where can I buy this part?

Attachments

• fh-ring.jpg
    fh-ring.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 257
I have been searching all over the net to buy only this ring and can not find it. any help?

Do you have the feedhorn cover? If not, then you don't need this part. Otherwise, I've seen some people fabricate them using some sort of bucket lid before. Otherwise, you'll have to look for someone who has a spare, or order a whole new feedhorn cover, as I doubt they sell the two parts separately (as they are probably not 100% interchangeable due to size variations in manufacturing them for different vendors)

Ok, so if I do not need this ring, then I am wonder about something else. The 4 poles comming from the edge of the dish, to the center where the feedhorn connects... what do they connect to by the feedhorn? Should they not connect to some ring?

Ok, so if I do not need this ring, then I am wonder about something else. The 4 poles comming from the edge of the dish, to the center where the feedhorn connects... what do they connect to by the feedhorn? Should they not connect to some ring?

I have seen one dish where the poles connected directly to the feedhorn. There are usually multiple holes around the scaler ring.

I wondered at the time how the owner could adjust the focal distance though.

On mine the feedhorn arms connect directly to the feedhorn. There are holes in the scaler ring around the feedhorn for the arms to attach to. This is the way mine has always been.

call SkyVision as this is part of the feedhorn assembly cover # 3514001 and I show a cost of $29.95. You'll get both items.

scaler ring

That is part of the feedhorn assembly use to adjust the f/d ratio, what he was looking for comes with the feedhorn cover and I've seen the part he's looking for also call the doughnut on one site

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)