C-band KU-Band on a Co-Rotor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rayclan1

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Has anybody had any luck picking up FTA signalls on both C-Band LNB and KU-Band LNB's mounted on a Co_rotor on an Eight foot mesh dish??
I can get good picures on the C_band LNB but nothing on the Ku-band,even tho I know both are working OK.Its almost like the KU band s\frequencies are going right thru the dish and not being reflected.

Mesh size

Yes thanks, I know about that.This dish is a fine mesh and will get some channels on the high satellites on analog

Ku band is much harder line up than C-band, so if the Big dish was originally set up as a C band antenna only it will probably need some fine tuning to the KU band satellites in the arc.

mesh dish

What if you cant drop a pencil thru the mesh?
Maybe just get the point of the pencil or the lead thru
??

PSB said:
Ku band is much harder line up than C-band, so if the Big dish was originally set up as a C band antenna only it will probably need some fine tuning to the KU band satellites in the arc.[/QUOTE

OK I agree with that.BUT the answer I cant get from anybody is???
Can I receive FTA on a KU band LNB mounted on a C0-rotor on a eight foot mesh dish??THat seems simple enough. Is there any body out there doing it?

Iceberg said:
If you can drop a pencil through the mesh, its too big to work fo KU :)

The mesh is so fine you might have trouble getting the lead of a pencil thru it

Yes, it is entirely possible. I am doing it on a 10-footer (I'm in Florida, so a bigger dish helps). If your dish is peaked properly, and you can get analog kU signals, then you'll be able to get the FTA signals with the proper equipment and setup. I use my old analog GI650 receiver to move the dish to the proper satellite and polarity. A setup diagram for the type of setup I use is at:

http://www.gavilan.net/digslave.htm

Hope this helpe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)