C-Band LNB for 1m dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Autocontrolreset

Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Southern NM
Has anyone had any luck using a C/Ku LNB advertised as being able to receive C-Band FTA on a 1 meter dish? I was always under the impression that the wave was way too big to get caught in a small collector like that, but I don't keep up with the latest technology.

Do a search on the site under the term mini-bud or just minibud without the hyphen and you'll get a number of results. There are several threads at least.

one lizard's opinion:

This is one of the more comprehensive discussions of miniBUDding on a 1m dish:
One Meter Primestar Mini-Bud Experiment
Since then, some members have also experimented with optimized scalars and LNBF mods.
But, it'll give you a general idea of how things work on such a small dish.

From reading all the posts, I can see a lot of folks having fun on 1.2 meter dishes.
I think it's more "hey, now I got some C-band", as they get their feet wet.

Our moderator Iceberg, has three 6' prime feed dishes, and gets a lot more C-band than the 4' guys.
He's posted extensively about it, if you'll take a search.

With one of our advertisers currently offering a 6' dish at less than half the usual price, I'd strongly suggest you consider that option! - :up
6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!!
To complete the outfit, get his recommended motor, and the DMX-242 C-band only LNBF.

i did get a few transponders when i tried mini budding on a 39 inch. like anole said it just wet my feet. i wouldnt hold my breathe for any s2 stuff and c and ku with a dmx742 or ck1 was pretty difficult. even a 6 foot dish will just make you want a bigger dish. but its fun to play.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts