C-Band Mounts - Looking for Options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmcglynn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Hello,

We're moving into a new location with some decent acreage, and now I finally have the room to put up a C-Band setup. I was able to get a 12' mesh dish with a Polar Mount, Actuator, receiver, and set of Feedhorns/LNB's.

The only remaining piece I need to set up is the actual mount or structure. I've heard some success with getting heavy-gauge pipe and mounting it within concrete to the ground. The only issue with the pipe has been finding a dealer that sells it.

Before spending all of my energy on a city-wide search for a 10' length of 4" steel pipe, I wanted to check-in and see what other options people in the group have had success with.

Thanks for the ideas.
Brian

metal salvage yards
fence company's
welding shops

do a yahoo search of your area or even a craigs list of your area maybe someone is getting rid of an old dish and you can reuse the pole

Yea, one Saturday, I dug out a 10' pole, and the concrete it was in.
That was in the morning.
The afternoon dish was 9' up in the air, so I cut that pole off at ground level and called it good.
No more cement bustin' for me.
But, it was all free for the taking!

Hello,

We're moving into a new location with some decent acreage, and now I finally have the room to put up a C-Band setup. I was able to get a 12' mesh dish with a Polar Mount, Actuator, receiver, and set of Feedhorns/LNB's.

The only remaining piece I need to set up is the actual mount or structure. I've heard some success with getting heavy-gauge pipe and mounting it within concrete to the ground. The only issue with the pipe has been finding a dealer that sells it.

Before spending all of my energy on a city-wide search for a 10' length of 4" steel pipe, I wanted to check-in and see what other options people in the group have had success with.

Also digging up a used pole with concrete on it is a lot of work...save your back and buy.

Thanks for the ideas.
Brian

For that size dish only use the 4" thick wall pipe, call your locate well companies and ask if they have any used pipe or stuff that they no longer need, most have pipe they no longer have any need for. I picked up both 3 1/2 and 4" well pipe from the guy who installed our well for $1.00 a foot as compared to what new pipe would cost you, it might be more but shouldn't equal new.
What ever you get just make sure you either weld or have metal attached to the bottom of the pipe to help hold it in the concrete and to prevent any rotation.

I found my 4" pipe at a salvage yard. A new 10' length was $75. They allowed me to walk around the salvage yard and look for a used one. I found a 8 ft one within 15 minutes. It was $18. I got dirty carrying it back to the office, but saved quite a bit and the length was perfect. Good Luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.