C Band Polarotor LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adrian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
How to one use a Polarotor LNBF with the latest type of satellite receivers.If there is a way, how would the three wires,red/black/white be connected up.

No, not all lnbfs use voltage to control polarity. Some lnbf use "rotor wire" for skew adjustment. Connection is the same as typical c-band feedhorn, lnbs, and rotor combo.
Back to the question, hopefully the receiver has skew terminal on the back.
If not, you either get a typical lnbf or a c-band receiver with skew connector.
good luck

if it's a Lnbf i dont think they have polarity i think the receiver controls that

No, not all lnbfs use voltage to control polarity. Some lnbf use "rotor wire" for skew adjustment. Connection is the same as typical c-band feedhorn, lnbs, and rotor combo.
Back to the question, hopefully the receiver has skew terminal on the back.
If not, you either get a typical lnbf or a c-band receiver with skew connector.
good luck

i dont know everything i said i dont think they have it correct me if im wrong

If there is now skew control on the back of the receiver there is no easy way. You could use another reciever that has skew control but this would be a bit of pain this way. Maybe with the reciever that has it then loop thru to the newer type receiver without the scew control.
When hooking this up to a reciver with the control make sure the red goes to pos.+ (5vdc) black to Neg.- and the white to the pulse usually marked with a symbol like this _n_ . If you get them around the wrong way that will be the end of your skew servo motor.

A LNBF does not have a motor or skew, It has a probe for V and one for H, 90 deg apart.
Most are controlled by changing voltage from 13v to 18v but not all rec. can do this.
A few had a single wire that was hooked to the pulse (white ) termanial on Rec.

C Band Polarotor

I should have said LNB,i always get mixed up.Mine has the little blue box with three wires.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)