C band satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomMax

Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Los Angeles CA
Hello and thank you for reading,

I am new to C band system and i need your advice.

I live in SOCAL ( LA) and i want to get signal from Intelsat 9 at 58.0°W
to get this channels listed belllow.
Al Jazeera English
France 24 Français
BBC World News
ART Movies America
ART America
Al Jazeera Channel
MBC International
ART Tarab

1) can you get them in SOCAL ( LA) ?
2) how big the dish have to be ?
3) can i use regular receiver like captiveworks to get them ???
4) what kind of LNB you suggest ???
5) can you add motor to the dish ???

thank you

I'm in the general LA area. I'll aim my Birdview over that way and see what I get tonight. I used to look in on that satellite once in a while, but not lately. I'll get back tomorrow

1) SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprint Intelsat 16 (IS-16) / Intelsat 9 (IS 9, PAS 9) shows you in the middle of the Americas beam, so should be no problem. I'm at 48N 97W and have the following on the channels you ask about. (there's many more, various language channels on it)
Al Jazeera International (English language) - OK
France 24 Français - OK
BBC World News - Scrambled (BBC Radio I have on Intelsat 805 at 55.5°W - LyngSat)
ART Movies America - Scrambled
ART America - Scrambled
Al Jazeera Channel - Scrambled
MBC International - OK
ART Tarab - scrambled
(Al Jazeera English (C & Ku), France 24 (C) are also available CONUS.)
Zoom in on your location the page above, and click Hybred or
Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com, punch in your coordinates and satellite, zoom in to check your Line Of Site(LOS) for any obstructions.
2) A 6ft dish should suffice, I use a 10. It's all high Q's here.
3) ANy receiver capable of DVB-S should work(although some channels may use an audio stream that is not decoded)
4) A C band LNBF.
5) For a BUD, I'd recommend an actuator, and a vbox or gbox to run it.

Newbe needs help.

Hola,
I need help on how to set a simple C/Ku band system mainly for spanish programing like satmex5,6 and other birds.
I do have a 10' BUD and I bought a S9Hd PVR Open box, What kind of LNB do I need?
Also I need to move my dish. I do have a old (actuator) looks like a 24" what kind of box do I need to move it?
your help will be apreciated.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!:) We'll be happy to answer your questions and get you going. Researching the threads will uncover answers to just about all your questions. And if something doesn't make sense, just start a new thread. A trick I've used to search the site is search via google.com, but add "site:satelliteguys.us" without the quotes after you've entered your search terms. Example - C band LNBF site:satelliteguys.us
I use a DMX241(NLA)* LNBF with very good results on C band. The GBox does a wonderful job of moving the dish on my system. Others use the VBox, *Here's links to available Cband LNBF's at 2 of the sites sponsors(links on top of pages here)ESX241 C Band LNBF | WS International C Band LNB LNBF Distributor and LNBF Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution

Thanks FaT Air I will be looking on that tonight thanks for the help.
I think that I seen ( ICEBERG) posted some information on the internet on how to get SATMEX 5,6 Plus what to use but I have not founded in this website .
Gracias.

Took me awhile. Had to tweak my dish so as not to lose any I regularly use.

I got a few latino stations and a few Christian stations on 58 but none of the stations you are going for.

Sorry for the delay

Thanks everyone for the help I be working this weekend on my system I got the LNB 741 for c/ku Im waiting for the v box to move my dish.
Hope every thing goes well with this new simple system. Hope to get some help if I run into a problems.
thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)