c band stacked lnbf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I was wondering if you can hook up a c band bandstacked lnbf up to a zinwell 6x8 using the 13 and 18 v ports or do you have to have a high freq splitter So it can be shared by more than one receiver. The zinwell also has 22 khz on 13 and 18 also. Using coolsat 5000. thanks for info.

Do you have a Zinwell SAM-6802 or a WB68? Both are 6x8 switches, but according to the specs I have, only the WB68 passes the full frequency range required for a bandstacked LNBF. If it is a WB68 you only need to connect the LNBF output to one of the 18V ports and set up all the receivers connected to the switch output to select H only and use a bandstacked frequency layout. WNC 4x8 switches (cheap on eBay) are also capable of passing the full frequency range required for a bandstacked LNBF.

Do you have a Zinwell SAM-6802 or a WB68? Both are 6x8 switches, but according to the specs I have, only the WB68 passes the full frequency range required for a bandstacked LNBF. If it is a WB68 you only need to connect the LNBF output to one of the 18V ports and set up all the receivers connected to the switch output to select H only and use a bandstacked frequency layout. WNC 4x8 switches (cheap on eBay) are also capable of passing the full frequency range required for a bandstacked LNBF.

I will check and see which ones I have. Thanks for the info

you only would need either H or V not both

Say you plug the cable into the 13v spot. Set up the LNB LO to SINGLE 5150 and scan V only. H transponders will be 600mhz below what they "should" be (ie: World Harvest at 4000 H 26400 would be at 3400 V 26400)

If you use 18v, then change to 5750 and all the V will be off.

My Quali-TV wont accept a LNB LO on C-Band of anything but 5150 so I had to do the math when entering info but it works great :)

So I could use one of the band stacked lnb and share it via the zinwell. Any suggestions on a low cost good model? thanks everyone

I have one of those that Sadoun sells. Works really well. Had it on my 6 footer aimed at 99 for a while until I got a dual C-Band LNB...then the Quali worked with it better (didnt have to convert anything)

Tron
OCS works the best but 5750 and scanning one side works too. The V side will just be off by 600Mhz which is OK. I mentioned that above ;)

OCS (or stacked depending on receiver) will line it up right

Oops, I missed that... Thanks Iceberg! That LNBF looks like a winner, and with this sale, you can't beat the price! I know I've been saying this for too long now, but I really do need to get a C-Band rig going, especially now that Equity is gone. I have the equipment, it just needs a little TLC... A large NPRM would be great too... :D

why stop there?

. . . and I'm still dreaming about shoving a bandstacked Dish FSS LNB straight down its throat!
Now, wouldn't that be a winner ? - :cool:

Preferably with the Ku feed pipe extending all the way down front, so it doesn't suffer from touchy-Ku-alignment like all the dual-band LNBF's! - :eek:

Figure if I keep hinting about this idea, maybe someone will finally take me seriously! - :rolleyes:

PS: if anyone has any practical suggestions, I do have both the Sadoun C-band LNBF, and the Dish LNB's.

Anole, they're both LNBs made by Eagle Aspen (Dish used rebadged P870s on their Superdishes) so maybe the parent can take the two children and make a better model! :eureka

bandstacked, dual band:

Well, that is a very practical suggestion ! - :up

But, nobody ever takes any chances on new ideas that go against the norm.
Frankly, I'm shocked Eagle Aspen had the &%*$ to come out with a C-only Bandstacked LNBF! - :eek:

Simply gluing the Ku to the back end of the C-band unit is something I actually did consider, but it would suffer the same Ku-critical alignment.
That alone wouldn't be a terribly attractive melding, in my opinion.
But, following in the footsteps of the dual band orthomode feeds, now that would be a winner in anybody's eyes! - :cool:

Would you sign up for one, Tron?
I sure has heck would ! - :up

I surely would... But then, I'd also sign up for a bandstacked version of the Invacom QPH-031... :) That would simplify things considerably in terms of switching and wiring out at the site. Heck, it'd probably even make the monster smaller and lighter!

Another thing I like about the stacked LNBs is that my commercial receivers, many of which can't control polarity since they are designed to be attached to single polarity or orthomode dish setups, do very well with these LNBs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)