C-Band transponder list needs updating

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richyrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
dead
I'll take 700 more transponders programmed into the C Band satellite list; please

More pre-prograMMed C Band trnasponders is the only weakness I've found so far...

As long as there is one or two 24/7 transponders per satellite loaded in you can use the blind scan to find the rest :)

As long as there is one or two 24/7 transponders per satellite loaded in you can use the blind scan to find the rest :)

Also, do you know that with a C/KU band dish and motor and vbox that over 1000 channels must be scanned into your unit? And that means that if you want to blind scan, it will take you ALL DAY? MAYBE 2 days! Probably 3 days!

Actually, it does take almost all day to scan, blind or otherwise; 1000 channels. But how else are they gonna "get them"? 1000 channels is more than cable or mini-pie dish can get but who is counting?

Last edited:
Also, do you know that with a C/KU band dish and motor and vbox that over 1000 channels must be scanned into your unit? And that means that if you want to blind scan, it will take you ALL DAY? MAYBE 2 days! Probably 3 days!

and???
Its not like you are going to blind scan every satellite every day :)

I guess I'd rather have one transponder that I know is good per satellite than have 25 that are bunk which requires me to delete them

After blind scanning a satellite I like to check out what I just scanned on that satellite. So I exit back to video..mash exit on the moving nag. I hit enter and it has a list of all my channels on all satellites. It should default to just the satellite we just scanned. If I highlight the channels I can't tell what satellite it is on, so I press right or left to get to the satellite I am on, but it starts at the beginning of the arc and I have to mash right a bunch of times to get to the one I want and the dish moves again of course. Kinda of annoying when you scanning around and want to see what goodies you found.

On other receivers that would allow you to review the channels you just blind scanned before going back to the menus, you didn't need this feature.

I like how it sets up usals, all the way to numbering each of the usals too? Blind scan is for people who do not know where each channel and satellite is; I must know where they all are! And I must be able to receive them! Like using a 10 foot dish and no smaller, every channel is received first on C Band for ALL CABLE CHANNELS! An fta dish receiver; however; is the way to receive all FTA channels! Mixed sets of channels is now the norm, as is dolby digital, so one must have one S2 with AC3 receiver! Scanning these by fire all the time; no way!, well manual entry rules the world, so get a receiver with manual entry too, like this one! DVR, sure! Timeshift? Great! It has it all! Media play? Yah!

but, a little red button for beep with text on motor menu would be nice too...this is so easy, even i can write the code for them...

Blind scan the whole day to get a list going, watch out! OK, one time! Then I only blind scan for occasional's, on occasionals satellites; and the party is right here!

One thing I noticed and want also is: Visual representation of the blind scan; like VID AID PCR displayed in entry area; where just one channel is scanned. Each channel on a TP has them, some with more than others; but nowhere can you see it except on info twice screen; even though when you go to advanced scan (well, TP and scan show) an arbitrary number represents the TP; and isn't even one of the scanned channels, and does not show anything else unless you enter a set of pid's. The info can be displayed by pressing info twice; and just on the quick auto info screen the usb shows...where they could replace it with pid info

Last edited:
it doesnt take all day to blind scan all the satellites. Remember some satellites only have 1 or 2 TP's with free channels on them. But if you want to blind scan the whole satellite it only takes a few extra minutes :)

The rest of what you wrote I have no clue what the hell you are jabbering about...sounds like someone is missing their medications

and???
Its not like you are going to blind scan every satellite every day :)

I guess I'd rather have one transponder that I know is good per satellite than have 25 that are bunk which requires me to delete them

True, but manual entry then means I enter one at a time quicker!

and you can enter them manually if you want.
Me...I would rather blind scan and see if there is anything I am missing.

it doesnt take all day to blind scan all the satellites. Remember some satellites only have 1 or 2 TP's with free channels on them. But if you want to blind scan the whole satellite it only takes a few extra minutes :)

The rest of what you wrote I have no clue what the hell you are jabbering about...sounds like someone is missing their medications

NO MEDS; NO DRUGS; NO ABUSER's

OK, look here, I have a new microHD; and setting it up for a large number of channels; and want it to be my meter and program easily! So what do I do? I start scanning channels, and entering motor positions, and program for USALS. Should I enter with manual entry all that I want, or use blind scan?

well, i do satellites like this one for others also, and they love it. When I'm in Rome, I install for Roman's. But when I am testing one I want to sell; it has to work like i want it to; and i do know many types/brands/reasons like the seasons; in fact, I am an expert in the field of Satellite TV and the associated electronics; I have to be. The people who want my work demand it, and i deliver every time. No excuses, no problems, no not worky...if i am putting one in my house, i check out everything before i "want" it; and i like it to be the best, and what i would want to program my satellite dish with, you might know it, the easy button. So i go over every little detail; compare, progress learning this one, stay on it. My time is whats worth doing this for someone else.

Now, how long did it take for me to blind scan - detailed; all 50 satellites programmed; and then how long did it take me to scan entering each PCR?

Last edited:
OK, look here, I have a new microHD; and setting it up for a large number of channels; and want it to be my meter and program easily! So what do I do? I start scanning channels, and entering motor positions, and program for USALS. Should I enter with manual entry all that I want, or use blind scan?

I will tell you what I did. Now you can set it up howver you want but here is what I did. Made it easier for the channel list since I have mine going form E to W
I programmed in my true south (93W) using DIseqc 1.2
Then I started going to each satellite East (91, 89, 87 etc) programming each one in
Once I got to 61W (my furthest East sat) I blind scanned it
Once it got done I went to 72W and scanned that. Now since I know there is only 2 24/7 TP's there (NBC Mux and KFTL) those I just scanned in. No blind scan needed
Once I got to 93W and scanned in Azteca Trece then when I went to 95W I set up the motor then scanned in the channels.

Did that all the way to 125W and it worked real well. Some I blind scanned because the TP list was outdated (which I noted in my review originally) and some I just manual scanned in the channels. Worked really well for me at least

well, i do satellites like this one for others also, and they love it.
I assume you mean set up receivers
When I'm in Rome, I install for Roman's.
ok...dont know what that has to do with the conversation but whatever

Now, how long did it take for me to blind scan - detailed; all 50 satellites programmed; and then how long did it take me to scan entering each PCR?

blind scan normal works fine for most applications. and scan time depends on different factors
-how many active TP's are on the satellite
-if the tp's are DVB or S2
-if channels actually log a name or show "no name"....no name TP's do take a little longer to scan them in

In addendum: I think the list I finally end up with is going to go for use with the Editor application for final presentation.

And yes, I like to blind scan. But I also like my computer to do all the work, then just pop the flash drive in and program every same receiver with my list (they all have motors too). And I like entering just one at a time, the appl. makes you do it that way anyway when using a channel editor.\

Well, I am done "checking" the unit for now. Blind scan works fine, and puts in new TP's into satellite list. Manual scan will work, but must have a TP entry. And the next contestant on the Price is Right; come on down; will be multi-satellite multi-TP scan; MOTOR ENGAGEMENTS.

However, if you do not want the results of my torture chamber test, do not enter my room, do not pass go, and do not collect MY $200 worth of time. Because if you try to, I will deny I was ever there. Besides, the insurance I carry will not cover it; and I won't get paid unless YOUR PRODUCTS WORK THE SAME every time i do tell it what to do.

In Science, people/you/me/we strive for the "test" that "proves" a theory/theoretical "Principle". It is the proof, or collection of datum that is the basis of such proof, which says which way all is said; and after 3 day's of "playing", my "testing" is almost complete. It is time for the final grounds to be layed onto this "machine"; a little beauty so much the cutey; looks good, blind scans good; but still not totally proven, to me and mine.

For this machine to do what I want it to; 1) It must blind scan well 2) It must motor great 3) It must pass it's final test

For the final test: 1) It will be abused (disconnected); removed (from one sat system); and channel listed through the use of a PC, and the application that provides for communications to; and programs bin/boot/the total file; and totally controls this "machine"; will now $pay for being here! 2) This program, or application must work from the beginning to the end; and communicate to the ut-most of all virtual realities; it must program 1000 channels into the microHD 3) The channels are set into the application, then applied and set into the memory of the microHD; but only after they are typed in and saved in the application; and then it will repeat this over and over again 4) If said application does not fail, then the unit (a microHD) will go into the showroom for display. 5) It must then work flawlessly, for a unit on display sells only when working perfectly!

And now a word from our sponsors!
When in the menu, do as the menu tells you to.

Thank you, and have a good day!

RR, if you are in the wind and have an show room -- I battle the wind while I am on the road. Is the wind going to blow me to your show room --- or away from it? I have not spotted you in 250,000 miles of driving -- unless that was you in Arizona trying to sell me FREE TV with a small dish.

RR, if you are in the wind and have an show room -- I battle the wind while I am on the road. Is the wind going to blow me to your show room --- or away from it? I have not spotted you in 250,000 miles of driving -- unless that was you in Arizona trying to sell me FREE TV with a small dish.

Are u trying to ask me a question, or provide your own answer? This place in VR is for microHD and Future developments wanted.
It won't make a place just to skate on buy! And FREE TV with a large dish is better, but do you finalize your counts with it anyways? Are yours insured for you say you can play? But nowhere are you found, then you will be put in the ground anyway, one day, and you will go see Peter, Paul, and Mary; and what will they say about you: You are unable to find who, or whom?

HUH??? I have driven 250,000 miles in my Motorhomes. I have visited about 80 satellite shops. All those I have visited have locations. And I buy what I need where I can FIND it.

Edit: to Add what was meant to be there, but may not have been quite clear enough. I LIKE TO LOOK at stuff and BUY what I need.

Well, then, I hope you find what you are looking for; buy the way; I use a 3 foot dish when I am roading with my RV; and I do watch PBS and RTV. Are u big with 3 feet?

I carry a Primestar 75e, often hanging on the back ladder, take it down to set up. Rugged, sets up very quckly, and has good aim and rejection. I used the original Glorystar (Geosat) dish, then added the LNB support arms, but was still too easy to damage. I have that one fixed at a rental. Going to give the new GeosatPRO a try. Seems much sturdier and lighter than the Primestar. I may not have it ready for next weekend as I had hoped. Doing a setup near Bellingham WA.

I carry a Primestar 75e, often hanging on the back ladder, take it down to set up. Rugged, sets up very quckly, and has good aim and rejection. I used the original Glorystar (Geosat) dish, then added the LNB support arms, but was still too easy to damage. I have that one fixed at a rental. Going to give the new GeosatPRO a try. Seems much sturdier and lighter than the Primestar. I may not have it ready for next weekend as I had hoped. Doing a setup near Bellingham WA.

Ah, yah, I know you. You set-up sound; and play around the World. Only worked for you once, but you paid the fee's. Lights, sound, and "you are the stage set-up guy?"...

Those Primestar's are fantastic long term, last forever dishes, that can be put up and taken down over and over again, easily!

I have lived in B'Ham. Go to Herfy's for a burger on me...heh, heh; now called something else, same parking lot though...

Could be. Last stage set up I did was for a big shot possibility thinker at The Edgewater Hotel in Seattle. I paid my crews but I never got paid and got my rig towed because the "Event Parking Pass" I was given by the promoters was expired! No more. A nephew and now his son took over where I left off. My son became an entertainer and has been featured in Sunset Mag.
But a little more On Topic. I got a pole in ground for C-band now. Needs more concrete in and hardened then I will try C band again. Down 5 feet and got 12 - 80# bags of quickcrete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)