C-Band with a T90??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

panameno

Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
interesting. can i get a c-band satellite with this
in other word can i pick 116.8w satmex5 and intelsat?

help! want to pick up 5 satellites with a t90 wave dish

i wanna know what dish i need to pick up sat. 110. 119 116.8west 40.5west 113.0 west

i was told that with a wave frontier torodial t90dish
i was gonna be able to pick up this satellites
i have a coolsat 6000 premium. some body please help. me on what i need.
and i just want to use one dish cuz i live in some townhouse and i am restricted to have more dishes ..
http://www.gosatellite.com/wave-fron...6803-prd1.html
progress.gif

One: you will not get 40.5 with the others that you want to get due to deg spacing. More importantly, you won't get this sat cause its all cband.
Two: You shouldn't have a restriction on # of dishes if its installed in your own "exlusive" living area.
Three: Dish is made for about 4 deg spacing, although some users here have gotten 2 deg.
Four: Satmex 5 and 6 are mainly Cband, which you can not get with this dish. What channels were you looking to get?
Five: What do you intend to get with 110 and 119?

3rd post...same answers as the 1st

merged threads....C-Band will not work on it. Only KU or DBS

as for the townhouse thing, I live in a townhouse and have 5 dishes (6 soon)

1 (soon to be 2) 6' dishes
36" dish
30" motorized
37x27 StarChoice dish
Dish500 for Dish sub

and had a T90 at one time set up...although that is down right now. The only thing with the T90 is if your home owners ass'n wants to be dinks, you are not protected by the FCC OTARD law.....the dish is 42x40 and OTARD covers dishes up to 1meter (39.6667 inches)

I can get 47 deg of arc out of my T90, problem is on the outer arc my footprint is less then an 18" in the center its maybe equal to a 24"-26" dish.

its barley acceptable for high powered ku linear, its really not of any use for the weaker ones, and no way will you even get a blip of cband on it.

disclamer: I live up north and just because I cant receive it doesnt mean someone else cant either. I can barley barley get pbsHD on 1m winegard. so that tells you what kinda signal I got. but no way are you getting cband.

yeah I was waiting for my hoa to say something about my T90.. then advising them the # of dishs can be much greater at smaller numbers.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)