C-Band with GeoSatPro 120cm Offset Antenna

Here is my current setup, Ku stationary and locked onto 3 birds right now (left room for expansion). I'm just waiting for my DisEqc switch and need to get some more cables.

Attachments

• C and Ku setup.jpg
    C and Ku setup.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: c-spand and FTA4PA
So, not until recently have I had the time to methodically work on "buttoning-up" this project.
Using USALS, I have Mex6 (Eutelsat 113 West A at 113.0°W) as my Reference "southern bird". Using Titanium C1W-PLL with a Conical Scaler.

Here is my odd issue, when I point dish to birds east of Mex 6 I can lock onto Vertical TPs, but unable to lock onto them west of my reference bird.

Recommendations

We're talking about C-band on a 1.2m dish. Which vertical tps in particular do you expect to receive which you aren't? West of 113W, I don't receive many tps at all. The stronger C-band tps seem to be east of 113W such as on 105W, 99W, 97W and 91W.

Here are vertical tps you probably should be able to receive assuming your dish can see these satellites. On 118.8W: Weather Network on 4096 V 23800, Legislative Assembly of Ontario on 4116 V 3399, EMF radio mux on 4196 V 2800. On 127W, NASA on 3920 V 28068.

Can you receive any of these?

Reactions: lawdog71
We're talking about C-band on a 1.2m dish. Which vertical tps in particular do you expect to receive which you aren't? West of 113W, I don't receive many tps at all. The stronger C-band tps seem to be east of 113W such as on 105W, 99W, 97W and 91W.

Here are vertical tps you probably should be able to receive assuming your dish can see these satellites. On 118.8W: Weather Network on 4096 V 23800, Legislative Assembly of Ontario on 4116 V 3399, EMF radio mux on 4196 V 2800. On 127W, NASA on 3920 V 28068.

Can you receive any of these?
After blind scanning Echo 19, I am no able to see verticles on the West Birds after I rescanned them. Weird, like had to have a good bird to jumpstart the vertical polarity for west side. Thanks

Conditions change daily when using a small dish for C-band. FWIW, I also can no longer receive the 119W C transponders. I used to receive them all except the CTV mux.

If you adjust your scalar and try different combinations of LNBF/scalar positions, you may get different results. Don't forget to also adjust skew. Don't just set it using the skew marks on the LNBF. You need to adjust skew in slow increments while watching a meter.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: lawdog71
So, after weeks of working on "The Project", I finally got things buttoned down and operating well.
The following is my setup:

GT Media V7 Pro STB - USALS mode
8X1 Satellite Multi Switch 8x1 DiSEqC 1.1
C-BAND: 120cm GeoSatPro Offset, Titanium C1W-PLL LNBF with conical scaler (and Pyrex bowl cover to protect from water), Technomate TM-2300M3 HH Motor

Ku-BAND: DirecTV Dish, Turbot Full HD KU Quad Universal LNB, Rotor Sat HH90

After reading several experienced user threads, I decided to be methodical, and for both dishes aimed for the most southern bird, at 181 AZ, Mex 6 (@113). What I figured out was that using USALS is not 100% on spot so I adjusted the bird's AZ by a 1/10 to 1deg until I got highest signal and quality. I then worked on all easterly birds then the western ones. Right now I have 11 birds locked in (11 on C & 10 on Ku).

I've also marked the motor and pole, because get some good wind gusts, to keep an eye on any "movement" so it will be easier to re-align if it does shift.

Really wanna thank those of ya offering your sound advice: cyberham, TRG, mr3p, a33 and Titanium and FTA4PA.

Attachments

• Satty Final.jpg
    Satty Final.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Pyrex Cover.jpg
    Pyrex Cover.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 121
Last edited: