C/KU feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jocker

Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Hello. I have a dish Orbitron 2,40 m in mesh, I'd like to install, a feed chaparral C / KU, but I have a little doubt, the best LNB KU, to install in the feed (wideband or universal?) Thanks....cheers

What do you plan to connect the dish to? What receiver(s)? How many?
How do you plan to control the polarity servo, or would a voltage controlled LNBF be suitable?
Do you need wideband for non-NorthAmerican reception?
What satellites are you planning to receive?
Where are you located (approximately).

Hi. The receiver is a manhattan plaza st 500. I´m living in lisboa Portugal.this is for reception in europe.the feed is a chapparral Corotor II + wideband.the problem is the ku reception. the lnb for ku is ( astrotel pmj ) but i have problems in control the lnb wideband in the receiver ...Thanks

Anole...is there a WR75 flange universal LNB made anywhere? I don't recall ever seeing one. Jocker the WR75 flange is the type LNB mounting flange that fits your Corotor, and the only ones I have ever seen are the ones made for North America that covers 11700 to 12200 Mhz, and in your country the KU band covers all the way down to 10700 Mhz and up to 12750 Mhz.

OK, so what better LNB, with flange wr75 for use with corotor of chaparral, which covers the complete band. To Europe sure, is that a universal LNB with flange C120 gives invacom type?Thanks

Gee, I have no idea what they use in Europe for Ku on a BUD, to cover the entire band!
There must be some simple and traditional solution.
Maybe check the Australian satellite forum, Vetrun . Com, or some dealer in the UK..?

This may sound stupid, but is there a possibility of an adapter of some sort, to fit a C120 flange LNB to the WR75 port on the feedhorn?
I wouldn't think so, but saw someone (Gabsphere or VoomVoom) post a picture of a different adapter, recently.

This may sound stupid, but is there a possibility of an adapter of some sort, to fit a C120 flange LNB to the WR75 port on the feedhorn?
I wouldn't think so, but saw someone (Gabsphere or VoomVoom) post a picture of a different adapter, recently.

Actually there is...it's a quarter wave transformer that's usually used to adapt a C120 feed to a WR75 LNB. But if it were installed in reverse using a C120 LNB the servo would still need to be rotated to match the polarity, and that would get confusing.

In europe ,the lnb to cover the entire band (universal) in bud dish. Maybe a hole in the ring of feed and put a feed from invacom flange c 120 and a universal LNB, I have a lnbf C/ku of yuri, which is very identical. It has a hole in the ring, where is the LNB KU. Thanks

Well, if that Yuri solution is acceptable to you, then I guess it would be a good choice.
I really don't know any solution to getting a Universal LNB on a Chaparral feedhorn.
Thought I was about to learn something new! - :D

There are many pictures on this forum, where the members have mounted a Ku LNB beside their C-band LNB.
And they didn't even put any holes in the C-band scalar.
Here is just one by McGuyver. You can look through his pictures for ideas.
If that idea appeals to you, and you need more suggestions, I'm sure we can find more pictures. - ;)

OK.Thanks Anole for the help and the pictures. You have more pictures? thanks all. ....bless

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts