C/Ku/IF Frequency Calculator/Converter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melgarga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2008
SE Texas
I've threated to do this for a while now. Anyone else tired of grabbing the calculator, punching in the stuff to find IF and image freqs and scribbling it down on a piece of paper? I sat down last night and plugged it all into an xls file. I think my feed hunting, rx programming and 4D manipulating is going to be a bit easier from now on.
Hope it helps out some others as well.

Attachments

• C-Ku-IF calculator.xls
    32 KB · Views: 2,132
Sure. Different LOFs are not a problem. I didnt think about 10600 or 11250 since I dont have a universal at all, and havent had a use for a circular LNB in years.
On a stand alone calculator, try one of the old HP programmables, or any of the TI-8X series, maybe even a palm pilot or equivalant.
If your talking a $3.99 one from Walgreens, then I thinking probably not.....lol

Attachments

• C-Ku-IF calculator Ver 10600.xls
    32 KB · Views: 969
  • C-Ku-IF calculator Ver 11250.xls
    32 KB · Views: 805
The TI-8X series are definately not in the low budget catagory. I've got an 83 and a 86. Both are way smarter than I am. I have to study the manual before I even attempt anything beyond basic math. Too much of a headache.....lol
BTW, did you ever find a C band feed to get your DSR back up and running?

Not yet, didn't get my guts for buying BSC621 to slap it to vacant 1m offset dish and try pick 133W for the poor DSR-922.

Last edited:
Thanks Ice. It was born of a thought one evening while juggling 4D generic calculations. Ultimately I can see integrating all the generic map info into the thing somehow and make to whole feed hunting process a bit more streamlined.

Smith, I know you meant 133W (G1) but you might want to edit for posterity's sake before it's carved in granite....lol
Good luck on getting it on a 1m dish. I think it might be kind of touchy to say the least. If you pull that off there will be many 4D users that would be happy to know that.

melgagra

Useful calculators! Can you make it more universal, so that a SINGLE XLS calculator can be used for any frequency by selecting or entering that freq value in its dedicated visible field without duplicating such fields?

melgagra

Useful calculators! Can you make it more universal, so that a SINGLE XLS calculator can be used for any frequency by selecting or entering that freq value in its dedicated visible field without duplicating such fields?

Hope you don't mind, melgarga. I just made the LOF selectable and protected the sheet to prevent deleting the formulas. It's not password protected so anyone can unlock it and tweak as they see fit.
View attachment C-Ku-IF calculator_v2.xls

Hope you don't mind, melgarga. I just made the LOF selectable and protected the sheet to prevent deleting the formulas. It's not password protected so anyone can unlock it and tweak as they see fit.
View attachment 45432

Very well condensed! Forgive my ignorance. Could you demonstrate an example of how to use/apply this Calculator to locate frequencies? I have tried using it, but seem confused about it.:confused:

View attachment 45432
Nary a problem guy. They really needed significant cleaning up and consolidating. It was just a down and dirty solution to a repetitive calculator and pen and pad task. (The joys of DCII feedhunting....lol) No spit and polish, just an "alpha release" :rolleyes:, that is public domain to be altered as anyone sees fit. The other two LO's were actually an after thought.....
I had thought about overlaying the generic maps/info vs IF and downlink freq on a per sat basis but that was turning into work quick.
I didnt think about protecting the cells before I posted it. I dont even have and admin password on my comp.....lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)